BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Interlagos blue with...?

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  zibawala 
#1 ·
Which one goes better along with the interlagos blue? My first thought was the fox red, and i have been able to find a pic of how it looks. I am also thinking about beige or silver (gray), but can't find any pictures. What do you guys say?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

#4 ·
On blue, only gray and black are a good match IMO. Beige would be iffy, but red definitely a no-no in my book, but you can choose anything you want; it'd be your car, but sometimes it's good to think of resale as well. Good luck.

#7 · (Edited)
I would have selected bamboo beige, but even with that, the dash looks too black. For that reason, I would go with black interior with a brush aluminum trim to highlight the dash.

#8 ·
Red leather with interlagos? You must be color blind...

#9 ·
The one series looks very nice with blue paint and red interior. The one series guys call it the "SuperMan" combo or something. I personally like black interior on all my cars NO matter what color is the exterior.

#11 ·
Not sure about that - Dove Grey (almost white) was indeed maintenance intensive, but Mulberry Grey (medium grey) was ok. Silver Novillo I think is midway between the 2 E36 grays and the leather looks sturdier than the old Nappa.

So as far as wear is concerned I think the new cars will hold better. As far as coloring (picking up smudges), you are correct, the darker the better.

I've had Dove Grey and it wasn't horrible, just high maintenance.

(And I've went with black on IB - actually the Anthracite Leather/cloth).

#12 ·
I had an M roadster with the black/grey seats. The grey didn't wear well. It was a medium darkness grey color- when it scuffed it was a light grey/white under it. The black/grey interior looks better then the black/blue with the Estoril interior, but I wouldn't pick it again.

My vote is black speed cloth or bamboo if you insist on leather.

#13 ·
hehe.....I have an Interlagos Blue with Fox Red (and carbon leather)----and I LOVE it! First of all-----Fox Red is NOT Red......it's a rich orange/brown. I think it's best described as Cinnamon. BMW offers a true red color in the regular 3 series. This doesn't look ANYTHING like that at all.

At the end of the day, you only need to make yourself happy. Forget what everyone else thinks. If someone else wants to put up some cash to change the color of your trim options, THEN they can have a say. :)

Here's what my interior looks like. Sorry if it offends-----NOT! :bigpimp:

-gabe

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
Looks should not matter too much when there is love, they say. Definitely color is very personal, but some combos are more personal than others. Make sure you lease it if you pick ILB with FR combo. You will have a hard time with resale later.

#18 ·
I would go with the red or grey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.