BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M3 sticker price is $72K and change

15K views 105 replies 28 participants last post by  stylinexpat 
#1 ·
I saw a nice 09 Model year Black/Black M3 with the options that I liked but the options alone were about 12-13K. Dealer wants MSRP but says he is negotiable. What offer do you guys think is a good offer on that car:dunno:

#71 ·
Nice to see a guy that know with certainty what he likes and is willing able to obtain them!

#77 ·
PUMA on my car now. BMW of NA ordered the local dealership to yank the whole transmission out of my car and techinicians from BMW of NA are on the phone assisting the technicians at the local dealership with servicing my car. They are looking at the flywheel now according to service advisor that just called me up.

I'm glad that they are addressing or trying to address the issues that my car is having but I'm not so happy about my new DCT transmission being yanked out of my car and taken apart as well.

#81 ·
Not much one can do at this point unless it goes back for the same issue 3 times before one can file for a Lemon.. I'll be happy if they are able to fix it but will definitely be unhappy if it still has problems after. I am going to push them to give me an extended warranty due to this for a start.

#84 ·
'CA' can also mean 'Comfort Access', an option :D.

#87 ·
if a dealership does not have the car i want, can't they order it to come to the dealership? and if so, is that cost more, or am i at the mercy of the dealership when it comes to price since they had to order the car for me. if they do have to order the car for me, cuz they don't have it, can i still get it cheaper than msrp? sorry i sound like a noob, never bought a Bimmer b4 and i don't know how the dealership treats you. i've always bought my car through family, and they are all domestic cars.

#89 ·
1-2 more days before I get it back:) They have had it for quite some time now and all this time they didn't order the grease they needed for the flywheel:rolleyes::tsk: Supposedly the M3 Flywheel requires a special grease which the dealer didn't have and he says he didn't know until now that it required this special grease:tsk:

Fingers crossed for tomorrow but I am going to be quite pissed off if the sound that they thought was coming from the flywheel turns out not to be from the flywheel.

#90 ·
Got it back in the evening yesterday and so far so good :D

I went for a spin in my uncle's E63 AMG and boy does that beast have Torque compared to my M3. It would be the best of both worlds had the M3 come with the same torque that the E63 AMG's come with.

#91 ·
Got it back in the evening yesterday and so far so good :D

I went for a spin in my uncle's E63 AMG and boy does that beast have Torque compared to my M3. It would be the best of both worlds had the M3 come with the same torque that the E63 AMG's come with.
Sounds like it's time to stroke it!

#104 ·
I tried my launch control and laid about 30 feet of black rubber on the asphalt with a trail of white smoke though the white smoke was like someone smoking Marlboro lights compared to the trail of smoke a Z06 or ZR1 leaves behind..

#106 ·
1st I put it in S6 mode. From a dead stop I put it in 1st gear and just smashed the pedal. Quite a difference when you just nail the pedal than when you just floor it. I didn't quite pay attention but will watch the RPM's on my next try. I was too busy looking at the rear smoke and making sure that porky wasn't sitting off to the side behind some bushes watching either:angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.