BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Placing my order today. What trim do you recommend?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  dalekressin 
#1 ·
I've got an appointment this afternoon to finalize my order on a 2010 E90 M3. I'm going Alpine White on the exterior and either gray or beige on the interior. Which trim do you prefer, the aluminum or carbon leather?

#2 ·
I went with carbon fiber leather trim on my E92 - looks great. The AL trim was way too bright for my tastes. Then again, my entire car is black, and that's the look I was going for (black kidney grills, black carbon Vorsteiner front, carbon gills on the sides, etc.).

#3 ·
+1 on carbon leather.

Wood trim is no good on an M, and brushed aluminum looks like a can of Coors Lite IMHO.

#5 ·
The Sycamore wood trim looks great to me with AW, Beige interior.

#9 ·
I had Alu in my 335i and it gets nicked/scratched very easily (I have a kid, but even without his help I managed to ding it). Besides, the Alu in the M3 has a slight blueish tint, you need to see it in person.

I personally like how it looks, but went with Carbon leather this time, for something different.

#10 ·
I went as below. I think the choice of extended depends on leather and model. e.g. extended Bamboo for E93, not E92, IMO. I went as per my sig: got lots of plaudits for it, but not for everyone. y 2nd choice would have been Space / FR. I do like the CF but can understand why some go w/ the brighter aluminum.

#11 ·
Hey Voltiguer now you need to be reunited with those choices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.