BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

e93 335i pick up 3/23

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ds928 
#1 ·
Wow...how come I'm just finding you guys now?

Not sure how it happened, came across e90post when I brought my original e93 Oct 2008...just found Bimmerfest last week.
Long story but 3 HPFPs and a repurchase later...I ordered another e93 for ED...figured out a lot of it on my own, searched through a lot of e90post threads...and then I found your ED WIKI...freaking fantastic...why didn't I dig deeper before?

Anyway, big thank you to everyone who has contributed and for these little nuggets that I came across this week:
  • Rolf...arranged our pick up with him today
  • Tires, contacted ED winter, they said to check back later this week...might not need them given that my itinerary is non alpine...but they could sort me out at short notice if needed.
  • iPod cable (have from the last one)
  • BMW Route/USB stick - all done and on the stick

Thought I'd share my excitement about the ED:

Car:
  • e93 335i
  • Space Gray/Coral Red/Aluminum
  • M-Sport, 19" 225M (maybe?)
  • Auto/Paddles
  • Navigation/Logic 7
  • Satellite/HD radio/iPod
  • Premium/Comfort Access
  • Auto Hi Beam/Heated seats

Itinerary:
  • Days sightseeing in Munich follwed by The Australian Pink Floyd Show
  • WELT pick up/BMW Museum/Factory Tour
  • Audi Forum (Silver Arrows 75th anniversary expo)/Mercedes Museum
  • Porsche Museum
  • Colditz Castle/Leipzig
  • Berlin
  • Nürburgring/BMW Ring Taxi
  • Munich/Drop Off

All of this and I get to do it with my Dad which is very cool as he lives in London and I live in San Francisco...

See less See more
#2 ·
Itinerary:
  • Days sightseeing in Munich follwed by The Australian Pink Floyd Show
  • WELT pick up/BMW Museum/Factory Tour
  • Audi Forum (Silver Arrows 75th anniversary expo)/Mercedes Museum
  • Porsche Museum
  • Colditz Castle/Leipzig
  • Berlin
  • Nürburgring/BMW Ring Taxi
  • Munich/Drop Off

All of this and I get to do it with my Dad which is very cool as he lives in London and I live in San Francisco...
This is great.

I'm assuming you have read some of the info in the Wiki about Leipzig and Berlin. Have the smoked fish plate and a beer at Auerbach's Keller and think of me! In any case, I want a report back about what you think of Colditz. :thumbup: Could you get in? Did they have a tour?

#3 ·
Congrats on your ED trip. Your car is a 2010 I'm assuming?

#4 ·
I just got back from my ED, and it snowed on Friday. Since you're going North you'll probably be ok though, the summer tires do really suck in the snow, I had a hard time getting into the parking spot at the Munich drop-off after returning my winter tires.

I dunno about that Audi, Porsche and Mercedes crap, but everything else looks great! :p

I'm very jealous of the Nurburgring, I really wanted to get up there, but it didn't work out. Keep the 1600 mile break in period though.

Rolf is awesome btw, defiantly the way to go.

#7 ·
having done both the Mercedes and Porsche Museums I can verify they are both well worth the visit. Mercedes in particular significantly outshines the BMW display in Munich and the new Porsche Museum is spectacular, and easy to combine with a factory tour that is completely different than the BMW tour.

#5 ·
Based on your model/color combo (ref pic below for the reason why), you're clearly a discerning owner. But if you get all the way to the Nordschliefe, and don't take your car out for a lap or six, you'll never forgive yourself. And neither will we. Ring taxi indeed.

#6 ·
Wow...how come I'm just finding you guys now?
Great that you found us. Of course, don't forget about the 12-hour rule now.

• Tires, contacted ED winter, they said to check back later this week...might not need them given that my itinerary is non alpine...but they could sort me out at short notice if needed.
Check the outdoor temperature forecast as summer tires have no adhesion if temperatures are 7° or lower. If temperatures will be warmer than during the day (which is the current forecast) and you are NOT driving at night, you should be ok. However, this should be monitored carefully as you can´t decide in the middle of your trip to get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.