BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Confirmed my 328 xdrive is on The Carmen ny 10/02. ne1 else?

6K views 68 replies 8 participants last post by  Mykatie 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I am going to email CA and advise not to put any badges, stickers etc, that reflect the dealer. I also will ask him to fix my ASS :) Seems there is a software chg they can make to make it easier to disengage the Automatic Stop Start feature the engine uses for fuel economy. I am not sure how I feel about affixing front plate. I guess I am going to have them do it or get a ticket for not having front plate attached.

#10 ·
All I can say is there is a vin# once cars is produced. I am dealing with BMW dealer. I am sure leasing company is also, but they may not be able to or may not want to take the extra step to get that number from bmw. There is also a production number assigned when the car is started. If you had that number you may be able to go to BMWUSA build a user then ck the production number. If build is complete it will show VIN. Good luck.

#12 ·
Couple of last minute things to remember:

- The dealer should throw in the heavy-duty winter mats for free. Best way to leverage that is during the exit interview where they're suggesting you give them "all 5's" on the transaction satisfaction phone survey.

- You shouldn't have to set foot at DMV. The car should come with plates, registration, and inspection all done. A reminder to your CA avoids delays.

- Request the ASS recode permission be granted by BMW corporate before your car arrives at the dealer so you can get it done prior to delivery and not cause a day's delay in the process.

- Download the owners manual and watch the how-to videos here so you're prepared at delivery:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648287

- If you don't want a front license plate or dealer logos make sure to let them know.

Enjoy!

BJ

#20 ·
I hope not. Originally this vessel was supposed to arrive at port here on 10-1. I actually cut and past the vessels schedule. If it did arrive on 10-1, good chance of getting cars by Saturday. Now I doubt I would get mine by Saturday if it takes that long to clear customs. My dealer is closed Sunday. I would love to take a long Run up to Binghamton NY area this weekend. It is a 3 day weekend.

#21 ·
At this point I would be happy to have it next Monday. problem is they will need to drive it down for that to happen. I have no issue with that they drove down my X5 and credit me with 350 miles. But if I can have it Saturday i am taking a train up there and getting it myself.

#25 ·
I was tracking mine it also came on the Carmen - no update on the BMW website, however. Any idea when i would get mine, i live literally 30 mins from the VPC
it all depends on your dealer. They need to prep the car first. But since you are so close honestly i don't think you have to wait past Saturday.

#28 ·
After it gets off the boat it's like a 2 day wait till it gets in the VPC, then about another 2 days till it gets to your dealer, then half a day for your dealer to PDI the car.

#33 ·
I am maybe an hour and a half away. I received a reply from my dealer that it would be 7-10 days. WTF???!! I asked again any possibility it could be ready by Saturday, was told it is possible but not likely. Who is your dealer ojas? I would consider using them in future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.