BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

We need a BMW M3 Sedan - Check out Audi's new S4

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  tgravo2 
#1 ·
I need those 2 extra doors on the M3. I think myself as well as others here would have put up the extra money for a M3 Sedan if available

The M3 Coupe is incredible and probably looks better with only 2 doors, but I just need those 2 extra sedan doors to fit friends, clients, etc.. into the car. I know it just sounds practical and practical and M3 really don't go well together, but heck I would go with a M3 Sedan in a heartbeat.

Check out Audi's new S4 Sedan in the link below:

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/road...l?tid=edmunds.e.landing.featureroadtests..2.*

#4 ·
It looks like the new S4 is to the new M3 very much what the previous S4 was to the previous M3:

And that last is the word that best describes the S4. Slightly slower and perhaps a shade less precise through hairpins than BMW's all-conquering M3, the S4 doesn't punish its occupants as much as the Munich product. Nor is its powertrain as frenetic, always egging the driver on, as if daring him (or her) to flout the speed limit. The S4 is more relaxed, falling back into its luxo-sedan mode as soon as the driver snicks the shifter into sixth (a new six-speed automatic is also now available, but was unavailable for testing).
The comments in that paragraph are EXACTLY the thoughts I had about the 2000 S4 I test drove before driving and ultimately deciding on my car.

#5 ·
On a related note, I think this might virtually guarantee a V8 in the next M3. A nice, light, revvy, race-inspired V8. One of the coolest things about the E30 M3 is the fact that its engine is literally race-derived; IIRC it's essentially the same engine that BMW had in its racing efforts of that age, without the turbos and ultra high compression. I don't know that BMW uses its S54 in racing (other than in E46 coupes and M roadsters/coupes), which isn't bad but doesn't bring to the car the level of racing heritage that the E30 did.

#7 ·
Rufus330Ci said:
spent 43k for my 330Ci loaded....I couldn't see spending another 12k for an M3 equipped the same way. But if 2005 M3 offers a V8, I'll be switching up.
If the M3 ever gets a V-8, I doubt very much it will happen to the E46 M3. The E90 M3 might get one, but I don't see the E46 getting one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.