BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2008 550i Sport Photos

19K views 125 replies 32 participants last post by  1994_RX-7_Tour 
#1 · (Edited)
Earlier this week I finally picked up my dream vehicle after ordering it almost 2 months ago. The wait was well worth it. I will take more photos soon, but I feel kind of weird taking photos of my vehicle in my work parking lot. I took a couple quick ones below (man I have to watch out for those parking curbs!).

08 550i Sport
Space Gray Exterior / Black Interior
Sport Package
Premium Sound
Navigation
Steptronic Auto

I checked all of the dealers in my SOCAL area and could only get $1K off MSRP. I recently had a 2001 530i, 2006 530xi and my brother has a 2004 545i, so we love our 5 series, but this is by far the best one I have ever owned and had the pleasure of driving. This is a truly the best mid-size sports sedan out there.

This vehicle is amazing. Any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

See less See more
#99 ·
A customers orders 08 Space Gray M5 came in today, they pulled it in the shop before I could take pics, but I will get em soon. It was absolutely Sexy!! But it gave me an idea of how my 535 will look (same color).

And I got bad news today from the BMW Port, they are currently not yet installing Aero kits on any 08 5's. The 550i comes with it from Germany, but the rest get em installed at the port, and they said so far they are not putting them on yet. If I would have know that, I woulda got a 550.

#100 ·
I got pics!! 08 M5 next to an 08 550i!

Sorry they are camera phone pics, but its all I got with me today, and the M5 is getting delivered today.

Attachments

#101 ·
Ok guys, got hold of a real camera

Enjoy!!:thumbup:

Attachments

#103 ·
Enjoy!!:thumbup:
Nice! Thanks!
Do you have info on the sport automatic? Any big difference or just paddles likeSMG? When can it be ordered?

#102 ·
Thanks DJ!! I'll take one of each. :thumbup:

It was very cool and certainly serendipitous meeting you yesterday at the BP station.

#108 ·
My dealer told me that mine will go into production in June and I will have it by August 1st. So does that mean it will have paddles and a sport button with Steptronic? My 2004 645Ci, which is Steptronic, has the sport button, but no paddles. If this is true, what comes with the sport transmission for $500?

#106 ·
I'm so bummed. I haven't even had my 550 for a year and they roll out this bad boy?? This new one looks awesome! I really wanted 19's too!! Crap!

#109 ·
Man my 550i is going to look so hot when I add the M rear bumper and RDsport quad exhaust. Oh wait does that make me a poser? LMAO

#112 ·
Yes you are correct- Paddles and Sport Button only come with Option- SPORT Auto Transmission $500.

If you get regular steptronic- no paddles, no button.
I thought my sales person was good. I asked her about the '08 550.

Can the sport automatic be ordered yet?
.. Never heard about that.
It supoosedly has paddles and a sport button.
.. No, only on M5.
Its on the bmwusa website SOP June '07.
.. They are often wrong.
What do you know about the anthracite headliner?
.. It comes with a gray headliner.
I thought it was a priority 1 option.
.. There aren't any I know of on the 550i.
So no other priority 1 options?
..No

The good news is they have a loaded '08 Space gray 550i with sport package I can drive but the first opportunity between our schedules is Thursday so stay tuned.

#116 ·
My sales person redeemed herself a bit. The sport auto with paddles can now be ordered. Anthracite headliner is a priority 1 option for customer order only. As is perf'd leather.

But we already knew all of that thanks to the Bimmerfest community. :)

My08535, one question: How does the perf'd leather compare to the standard Dakota leather? Is it perf'd Dakota leather? Is it the same Merino leather as in the m5? I prefer a soft high quality leather like the Nappa Heritage leather in the E39 M5.

#122 ·
Car Wash Concerns

Reminder to all your 2008 BMW owners.

I finally took mine to a car wash today and made a point to explain to the car wash people the function of the new 08 Electronic / Steptronic Gear Shifter. I was really worried beforehand that they wouldn't know what to do and either mess it up or drive my vehicle into a wall by mistake.

However the problem is you show the first guy that drives it into the car wash and then the 2nd guy that drives it out of the car wash is different so I saw he had some issues getting the vehicle to move forward, but he eventually got it as I was about to hop over the wall to show him what to do.

Eventually we made it out alive!

PS - I wonder if you have the door locks on autolock when you drive the car, will they autolock in the car wash by mistake and you get locked out of your car?

#123 ·
I am sure it's not too hard to get used to the new shifter on the 08. I've taken my car to valet a few times and (maybe luckily) out of the four times i've went, they drove off in no time. Just remember to give them the valet key :p

And car washes, you should be doing that yourself :)

#124 ·
Good point, funny thing here in SOCAL near the shore, the association will not let you wash your own car in the driveway to due to the run off into the drains leading to the ocean. They won't even allow a mobile detailer to wash your vehicle. What to do?

#125 ·
Do it anyway! It is easier to ask for forgivness than permission. There are also several good waterless wash products on the market that would allow you to wash yourself.

This one is heavily recommended on autopia.org

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/norinse.html

#126 ·
easier to ask for forgivness than permission = sounds like a good Navy guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.