BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CPO 2007 750Li Advice

4K views 70 replies 18 participants last post by  ImolaMMM 
#1 ·
I am contemplating trading in my wife's 2007 Cadillac Escalade before it's worth nothing.

Overall I really like this truck since it fits all 3 kids in convertable and booster seats all together in the 2nd row. The power is great, it looks great, it handles as good as full size SUV can handle, but it would be nice to get a vehicle with a little better mileage. Of course at 10MPG mixed driving, Caddy still says it's the best gas mileage in it's class and maybe it is compared to all the other full size SUVs out there.

However my BMW dealer has a CPO 2007 fully loaded 2007 750Li with 25K miles for around $55K. It's beautiful with the Sports Package 20" rims and loaded. I have a couple of questions my fellow members:

1. Do you think the back seat of a 750Li is as wide as my 5 series? I am hoping it's wider so it can fit 2 covertible child seats on each side and a booster seat in the middle. The extra leg room in the Li will also help entry for the eldest kid that sits in the middle booster. Do you think I can fit this set up in the back?

2. Does the sport package really have a the optional sports suspension like the 5 series? It doesn't seem to specify this, but I was just as happy with my 01 530i non sport handling.

3. I always hate buying a current year's model and then find that a totally revamped version comes out the next year. However a new 7 series now and even the new revamped version is out of my budget. This CPO 07 750li is more reasonable.

4. Is 25K miles alot for a 07 CPO? When does this 6 year / 100K mile CPO warranty start? For some reason I can't figure it out and when I would have to start paying for maintenance (past the 4 year / 50k)?

Thanks again for all your help.

See less See more
#2 ·
The beating your going to take on the escalade makes it not worth it, but what are they giving you trade?? My 745i averages 14.7 mpg, the back seat is a lot bigger than the 5 series and yes there is a special sport suspension, bigger sways, shocks and springs, handles totally diff than a non sport.

#3 ·
Thanks again 1bad540 for the info. In terms of what they will give me on the Escalade is what I am worried about and will find out soon. The Escalade is getting around 10MPG mixed driving so 14.7 is not a huge improvement but it's still better, besides the 7 series drives a heck of a lot better than a full size SUV. Maybe I am just a car guy.

#5 ·
OK, now we are talking better mileage but at this point anything is better than a full size SUV mileage. Understood on the 12-14 MPG occasions!

#6 ·
4. Is 25K miles alot for a 07 CPO? When does this 6 year / 100K mile CPO warranty start? For some reason I can't figure it out and when I would have to start paying for maintenance (past the 4 year / 50k)?

Thanks again for all your help.
25k is a little on the high side for a car that is about 1 to 2 years old. I have 30k on my 2007. You have to pay for maintenance past 4 years or 50,000 miles from the origional in service date. You can buy an extended plan to cover it to 100k (not a bad idea, brake jobs alone will probably pay for the contract if you negotiate hard enough on the price).

Make sure you get a service history to make sure that there are no transmission problems in the cars past.:thumbup:

#7 ·
Thanks again. I noticed you had a 2007 so I even asked you about it in the other thread. I appreciate the feedback, this is my first CPO possible purchase (always purchased new in the past) so I just want to make sure that it's not only a good deal but somewhat cost effective in the long run if I want to keep this vehicle for another 3-4 years, but heck it's a BMW, it'll get expensive to maintain past any warranty / maintenance period.

#8 ·
i also bought mine cpo'd last yr I got mine also with 25k on the clock and its also a sport package but not an li its an I, the dealer has been really good when Its needed service especially that i bring it back to the same dealer i bouight it from, i paid 42 for an 04 sport car, maint and cpo'd they have already done the brakes, fluid, amp, rear glass(FOR RECEPTION) thermostat and the sunroof seal 3x. the cpo is worth it the mileage is a bit high for an 07. i wouldnt tell them about the trade until you get them to rock bottom on the 7, keep in mind they also are not flying out the door, after you get the price i would them mention the escalade..... Be prepared for there "offer":eek:

#9 ·
Thanks for the good advice and giving me hope!

Man everytime I see all you 7 series member's vehicle photos, makes me want to get a 7 series even more. I especially like those style 128s and was even thinking of going the 19" rim option on my 550i (I saw a photo of this style in the 5 series catalog and it looks great).

#10 ·
Another similar model is now at my local carmax dealer for roughtly the same price. Carmax keep touting their CPO process, but it's definitely not as good as the BMW CPO warranty. Decisions Decisions!

And what is up with Sports package option for the 2007, was this starting from 2006 that no sports suspension or included already and now the Sports Packages are all just for cosmentics? Shadowline trim, 20" rims / tires, sport steering wheel?

#11 ·
I think its a bit too much miles for 1 year, so much room than the 5 to fit your seats and the kid will be so much comfortable in the back, Sport suspension is a must if i get to buy a 7 again ill get sport package i hated how the 7 rode on comfort mode i mostly had it on sport but sometimes on comfort in case the module brake down ill be able to drive it floating i say go for it if you have reasonable deal. you will love it make sure you have warranty good one and its way diffrent class than any SUV luxury and handling you will end up driving it and giving the wifey the 5 series

#12 ·
Thanks again for the helpful info Momo. I still can't find any indication on the 2007-2008 model year that the sports package adds a sport's suspension, so maybe it's already included, but on the other hand knowing BMW it is always an option.

#13 ·
If you're looking for fuel efficiency get a Prius

as far as
1. Do you think the back seat of a 750Li is as wide as my 5 series? I am hoping it's wider so it can fit 2 covertible child seats on each side and a booster seat in the middle. The extra leg room in the Li will also help entry for the eldest kid that sits in the middle booster. Do you think I can fit this set up in the back?
come on, did you eve sit in the car? The Li has more room in the rear than you could ever need.

My opinion would be to stick with the Escelade because as soon as the F01 comes out, your 750Li will take a big hit in value. I guarantee if you put the numbers together, you will see that you're losing a lot of money in this deal. Drive the escelade till' it dies lol. Just my .02

#14 ·
If you're looking for fuel efficiency get a Prius

as far as
come on, did you eve sit in the car? The Li has more room in the rear than you could ever need.

My opinion would be to stick with the Escelade because as soon as the F01 comes out, your 750Li will take a big hit in value. I guarantee if you put the numbers together, you will see that you're losing a lot of money in this deal. Drive the escelade till' it dies lol. Just my .02
Maybe you are right, seems the most practical way to do it. I don't need the best gas mileage but still need better than 10MPG mixed driving in the SUV. Even the 750Li has better mileage than that.

In terms of the rear seat, it's more along the lines of the width going across since two convertable Britax car seats take up a lot of room and then I have to try to fit a booster seat in between them. I think it can be done.

I do like this current 7 series model and the new one coming out in early 2009 looks great too. But that is why the deals are good now to get the current 7 series model and a great opportunity to own an amazing vehicle too.

#15 ·
If you dont like the dealers offer on the escolade, Ill give you 5k cash for it....:eek:

#16 ·
Give it another 6 months and I believe that will be the real value of this vehicle.

I do have to say I really love this truck. It's the 2WD version fully loaded, with the OEM 22" rims. It's one of the best looking full size SUVs out there now. I haven't even pimped it up yet. The ride is smooth and powerful. Caddy did a great job on this Escalade revamp. I do have to say the thought of driving a 7 series is still tempting and more fun. Even the Caddy service which is a combination of Buick, Pontiac and GMC is suprisingly good. Sometimes even better than BMW's service.

#18 · (Edited)
It was recently reduced to $52,991 not sure if due to the new KBB updated ratings, etc but your're right they should be able to deal on this one since it's been there for some time already but of course it could always sell soon too (photo below). I love the Silver and Black Combo (signature BMW colors), but I also like the darker exterior color like Black, etc.. too). For some reason around here in SoCal Benz's are more associated with Black Colors and BMW's more silver.

Carmax has a similar one with only 20K miles for the same price, but Carmax you can not haggle.

Attachments

#20 ·
You're right. The only largeer issue is the difference between the trade in and this CPO vehicle is if the $10K or $20K difference be worth my desire to get this vehicle. We'll see.

#22 ·
Awww man - give the Caddy a break. Finally GM comes out with a hit, unfortunately at the wrong time when Gas prices are at it's highest! At one point I never thought I would go back to an American vehicle, but I did!

#36 · (Edited)
I have a 745i and I usually get 18-19 mpg for mixed driving. If I was you I would look into a CPO 2006 750li as they are in mid 40's and in my opinion 2007 is not worth 10K more......maybe $5K at max. Oh and yes BMW 7 series do tend to have reliability issues with regards to electronics etc.....at least it was that way for me.

The good news is that they were all taken care of under warranty:).......and the bad news is BMW dealership became my second home:bawling:..... If I was in your place I would keep the 7 series till the CPO warranty runs out and then trade it in. This would give you at least good 4 years or so.

I think the driving feel of BMW 7er will be hundred times better than that of your Caddy.:thumbup:

#48 ·
I have a 745i and I usually get 18-19 mpg for mixed driving. If I was you I would look into a CPO 2006 750li as they are in mid 40's and in my opinion 2007 is not worth 10K more......maybe $5K at max. Oh and yes BMW 7 series do tend to have reliability issues with regards to electronics etc.....at least it was that way for me.

The good news is that they were all taken care of under warranty:).......and the bad news is BMW dealership became my second home:bawling:..... If I was in your place I would keep the 7 series till the CPO warranty runs out and then trade it in. This would give you at least good 4 years or so.

I think the driving feel of BMW 7er will be hundred times better than that of your Caddy.:thumbup:
Thanks for the advice. I believe the cosmetic differences between the 06 and 07 are minimal if not the same? I just want to get the newest I can get with as low miles as possible, since although I would also like to buy new, even with the current discounts and the new 7 series revamped model coming out, I could never get a new 7 series down to the $50K range, even the $60K range. However 24K miles still seems like a lot, but like you said if you add the extended warranty and maintenance you are at least covered for another 4 years and by that time it will be time to trade it in.

#37 ·
I'm not up on 7er prices, but here's a couple of thoughts about the year and mileage. Do you know when the car was produced? Have the VIN? With the last seven of the VIN you can check the production date here - http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do The car is right at two model years old, so 25k miles might not be terribly high mileage. If they've come down $2k on the price there's AT LEAST another $2k there to work with; with a 7er there's probably more.

Here's a place to get BMW extended maintenance for $1,950 or use them as a negotiating tool - http://www.twinkidneygrill.com/catalog/item/4264307/4183769.htm

CarMax generally has some very good extended warranty programs.

If you get the CPO be sure to ask for a copy of the CPO inspection checklist and the work order for the work the dealer did to the car to bring it to CPO standards. The BMW CPO program is only as good as the CPO'ing dealer. Some dealers do a first rate job, some do the bare minimum. Be sure to read over how the CPO program works and what the warranty covers - http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Cont...fkoEZVBp+fK9rbB+LyvFZ2xkgPgaEtMtDg997SwxWlR3E , https://resource.bmwusa.com/pdf_988f0bce-f3e2-44ac-a143-a81cd9e87fc2.arox , https://resource.bmwusa.com/pdf_9abdef98-24e6-483a-8044-3a91267fbfd7.arox , https://resource.bmwusa.com/pdf_335e64e3-ff85-4122-aaf2-77e4c235fed8.arox

#47 ·
Thanks again for this good info. I checked out the VIN listed and it's a 9/06 Production date for this 2007 MY, so not sure if that is good or bad. I appreciate the further warranty info which gives me the warm and fuzzies about this vehicle.

#38 ·
bmwguynj,

Is there such a huge need to trade the escalaDe? if your dealer isn't moving from 55k for an 07 750li, with 25k miles, tell him, the hell with you. For a car with that many miles, and for that price, In this economy; he'll be hard pressed to sell it.

FWIW, I have a guy whom has 06 760li with 20xxx miles, whom is asking only 59k for the vehicle. This is a 760li v12 flagship, albeit, it is an 06 and this particular 750li, is an 07. This info should level the playing field for you. Dealers hate am educated consumer.

#46 ·
LOL, I love this forum even though im not 7 owner any more , when i post here some times i would be waiting for some one comes out and say you dont even have a 7 why you here so i would be ready to blast. get em DIz

#51 ·
asadkhan1988, are you retarded? You sure are a hypocrit though but in case you have trouble realizing here you go:

People will say whatever they can to bring someone, or something else down.

This is the way the cookie crumbles, but please, my friend, opinions like the one you have on the s class, is just that, an opinion, and should be kept to ones own.
which rapper are you the son of?
New money is so obvious, and obnoxious.
Its cute you took a picture of yourself with your new cl63 amg
...I stated my opinion to Kato, and I don't think I have to explain anything further...
Maybe you should have kept your opinions to yourself. You also dont make sense. But have a great ****ing day you jackass! :flipoff:

#57 ·
thanks for the backup everyone above. if i can't bash a benz on a bimmer forum, then where? :dunno:

lastly, not sure what is so obnoxious about new money. it usually means someone busted their as$ to get where there at. i much prefer seeing people who worked hard for their loot rather than seeing some snobby pretentious kid leech off the wealth his parents/grandparents built. mommy and daddy probably bought this brat a rover for his 18th b-day. :tsk:

#58 ·
oh wow.

i've just been sabotaged by a group of diznik007's goons? :dunno:

all i said was telling a guy, whom was interested in a 07 s550 over a 750li, that the s class "blows" and that it "looks like a maxima", convince them not to get the s550 with facts, not biased opinions. The new S class has won numerous awards. Numerous. Whether or not you think it looks like a "maxima" or if it "blows" (what does that mean?) shouldn't be used to convince one, or to sway one from the one of the most auspicious vehicles in the last 2 decades!

Now, if i may suggest; go argue with a girl, one as myself, never argues. \

Enjoy life in good health gentlemen, and be happy! :thumbup:

#59 ·
oh wow.
i've just been sabotaged by a group of diznik007's goons? :dunno:
all i said was telling a guy, whom was interested in a 07 s550 over a 750li, that the s class "blows" and that it "looks like a maxima", convince them not to get the s550 with facts, not biased opinions. The new S class has won numerous awards. Numerous. Whether or not you think it looks like a "maxima" or if it "blows" (what does that mean?) shouldn't be used to convince one, or to sway one from the one of the most auspicious vehicles in the last 2 decades!
Now, if i may suggest; go argue with a girl, one as myself, never argues. \
Enjoy life in good health gentlemen, and be happy! :thumbup:
hahah what, you dont convince people with opinions but just facts? really? so its won a few awards, you do realize that those awards represent the "opinions" of either an individual or a collective agency. There is no such thing as "fact" when it comes to taste...

and how old are you? cause if you are 20 then you're making me look bad... silly kids these days

oh and :flipoff:

+1
from his user name ( asadkhan1988 ) he's probably 20yrsold:eek:
What's wrong with being 20? I'm not gonna get banned now am I? :eek:

#60 ·
asadkhan1988 - you've got a lot to learn:rofl:

anyone who has their mind set on an s550 and reads my post and decides against purchasing it because "i" think it resembles a maxima doesn't deserve to have any car and should just get a bus pass.

3 most important things in a car for me are:
1. aesthetics (looks)
2. drivability
3. reliability

if #1 or #2 is no good, the car is out. i can put up with #3 somewhat if #1 and #2 are amazing. ie. E66.

btw - theres no argument here, we're all just telling you your an idiot.....and that, sir, is a fact - not an opinion.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.