BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#56,322 ·
what do you honestly think of joining the reserves? I wanna go back to school, and the way I see it, being in the reserves cant really hurt me, ya know?
Knowing what I know now I would absolutely do reserve or guard. Just pick a job that's not going to require to drive around the desert looking for bombs like a human whack-a-mole

#56,323 ·
what do you honestly think of joining the reserves? I wanna go back to school, and the way I see it, being in the reserves cant really hurt me, ya know?
My understanding is that right now the guard is getting deployed over seas about as much as the real army because that way they can say they're pulling the army out with out actually reducing the number of boots on the ground. I might be talking out of my ass, but that's what the liberal media has told me :rofl:.

#56,324 ·
My understanding is that right now the guard is getting deployed over seas about as much as the real army because that way they can say they're pulling the army out with out actually reducing the number of boots on the ground. I might be talking out of my ass, but that's what the liberal media has told me :rofl:.
Ehhhhhhhh the regular army deploys for 12 months and then dwells for 12. NG and reserve deploy for 12 and dwell for 24. Don't pick a combat arms mos because all your downtime will be full of doing dumb sh!t and none of the jobs really mean dick in the real world as far as qualifications

#56,325 ·
Knowing what I know now I would absolutely do reserve or guard. Just pick a job that's not going to require to drive around the desert looking for bombs like a human whack-a-mole
That seems to be the general opinion I've heard so far, I'm about 89% sure I'm gonna do it. Gonna think it over, talk to the gf, then move forward with it.

Ehhhhhhhh the regular army deploys for 12 months and then dwells for 12. NG and reserve deploy for 12 and dwell for 24. Don't pick a combat arms mos because all your downtime will be full of doing dumb sh!t and none of the jobs really mean dick in the real world as far as qualifications
Honestly, I'm not against being deployed. Throughout middle/high school I wanted to join either the Army or Marines, but having a long term gf in high school kept me from doing it :tsk:

#56,327 ·
#56,331 ·
Great, Insect ******

#56,332 ·
LOL bimmerfest censors pr0n.

#56,334 ·
The male fly dipped after he ravaged that ass.

Lol hit and run
Lol.

Animals know how to do it dude. Took the girls to the zoo on Saturday and they had an info board on the baboon exhibit that said baboons live in "harem families" (their words, not mine) of one male, 5-6 females and their young.

I leaned over to Brittany and said "look, they've got it all figured out, maybe they're actually more evolved than we are."

She slapped me. :lmao:

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#56,335 ·
No to change the topic or anything but you all should read this and hope you have a kid remotely as cool as this.
http://jalopnik.com/5901950/meet-the-14+year+old-girl-building-a-car-for-her-sweet-sixteen

This is the only way i'll accept having a daughter. haha.
That's awesome! She definitely shows a hell of a lot more ambition and attention span than I could at that age. I wish I had spent less time neurotically cleaning my Saab and more learning how to work on it but I suppose it was better than ignoring it all together. (and I'd like to think I made up for lost time once I got the bimmers and bikes :))

If I ever end up with a kid (because it will NOT be planned if it happens) regardless of gender, we're going to have a father-kid project car starting whenever they decide to proclaim themselves a teenager.

Learning to work on a car seems like an awesome way to learn basic but important grown-up skills, patience, proper planning, attention to detail, critical thinking to diagnose stuff, etc etc. I'd get something not to old, smallish, rwd and manual. Maybe a 1st gen BRZ. :lmao:

#56,339 ·
#56,340 ·
:lmao: Battery snob.

On the plus side, his car wont turn into a bonfire if he puts a gas can in the trunk.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.