BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Goodbye to our 6's

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  E92-Lighting 
#1 ·
I have traded my 6 for a 2010 Jaguar XF Luxury Package, it was a bit of a tough decision but to be honest, as I have said before I have always been a Jag man, and my wife's family have always been a BMW family. After a lot of discussion we both decided to go for it, we traded both our cars for the XF, and when we get a little better sorted, in a year or so she gonna go for the Bentley.
I will still log in and check in with you guys from time to time.

I will be offering both our twin cup holders up for auction (if it is allowed by the mods) and start another thread.

#2 ·
Nice car and damm a Bentley good deal thats some upgrade

#3 · (Edited)
Well Jag's are nice looking cars, they always have caught my eye. I hear, idk if this is still true, but the resale value is the pits. But if your not looking at resale then it wouldnt bother you.
XF is a nice car...only thing that i dont like about it is the Center Console; what Bently were you thinking about getting?

#5 ·
We first looked at a 2009 that had 34k miles on it, it turned out that for just another $4k we could get the 2010 model, so judging by that, it looks like the resale value is starting to hold up a bit better, however, whenever you buy a new car you have to be prepared to take a hit on the depreciation, so it doesn't bother me too much.

#4 ·
Hi,

When trying to choose a car for my Wife - the 635D is Hers as mentioned in my introduction - I spent ages trying to choose a car. The XK had no room in the back, the Aston DB9 has no room in the back. I love both of these cars but She didn't! I ended up with a short list of the Bentley Continental or 6 series. I was excited by the opportunity of the Bentley but sadly She hated that as well!

So after years of trying I bought the 635D and She absolutely loves it. Which sadly means I have little chance to drive it. However I love my Land Rover Discovery 3 which has to go off road most weeks.

Best regards

Chris

#6 ·
not a big jag fan but I dig the new styling... I saw an XJ and it looks really refined but is too much dough for what it is new...

so in 3 years when my CPO is up and the original XJ owner has taken his bath in depreciation I might be looking at a 3 year old XJ...

but a continental bentley convertible in red tops them all...

enjoy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.