BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

25.6mpg and a game of tag

798 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  espressomiata 
#1 ·
Took my 335xi on its first long road trip last weekend. 600 miles down and back between Chi and TN. I actually bought the car specifically for these trips. Pleasantly surprised that my average mpg came in at 25.6 door-to-door according to iDrive. Not sure why the mpg on my non-iDrive driver's-side readout read lower. Maybe it calls for a forum search if I start to care. Speed was in the 70-80mph range for the most part.

Fun part was on the way back, late in the evening (maybe 10:30pm?), and my foot was getting a little heavy. I came up on a e90 335i coupe. I passed him, and after a few miles noticed him keeping up with me (distinctive headlights, you know). Another few miles, he takes over the lead, and I figure out this is a friendly game of tag. Went on back and forth like that for a good 30 minutes or so. This car is fun! (or I was imagining things and he was wondering why a crazy person is chasing him)

-T

#2 ·
Did that fast stretch happen to be along I-65 between Chicago and Indy? That stretch is like an extension of the Indianapolis Speedway! One time, myself and a few other cars were cruising along at about 80/85 (speed limit is 65 - 70). I looked in my rear view mirror and see a cop right on my bumper! I immediately pulled over to the slow lane and slowed down and he went on by me! Didn't even give me a glance! That stretch is crazy!

#4 ·
Drove about 300 miles last Friday. Some back roads about 60mph and highway between 70 and 75. Mileage was reported as 30.5 mpg when i got to my destination That's with winter tires on the car. Although I always have seen better mileage with winter tires strange enough.

Anyway not complaining about mileage in the least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.