BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Recent 750 Purchasers

13K views 80 replies 15 participants last post by  asaseaban 
#1 ·
Looking to hear from you about your deal....I'm ordering a 750i Sport for ED late August...Would like to know what kind of deals you've experienced, Thanks

#44 ·
I'll just leave the plates on there and wait patiently :) for delivery.

#46 ·
I need some advise or help in making a decision. Swaplease.com and Leasetrader.com are all offering to list my car on their site so someone can take over my lease because the $1408.86 a month is a sweet deal compare to the $1550 plus deals they currently have for 09 750Li's.

It look like i'm not gonna recoop any of my downpayment unless i try to sell it on ebay or Autotrader.com. 09 750Li's similar to mine with the same options (some with more miles than mine) are selling anywhere between $92 and $98k on ebay.

On the other hand, my CA/Dealership (i'm dealing with a new CA/Dealership now) has agreed for me to trade-in the car so i can get into the lease for my ED. According to BMWFS, the pay off amount is approximately $86k which means the CA or dealership SHOULDN'T roll anything into my new lease since the car is definitely worth more than $86k and if anything should give me some money back (fingers cross) but i'll definitely loose all my $26k downpayment.

What should i do?

1) Have someone takeover the lease (i have to pay some fees for the take over)

2) Try to sell it on ebay or Autotrader.com (hopefully make some $$ and pay off my lease)

3) Trade-in (and pray the dealership give me $86k or more so nothing is roll into my new lease)

4) Seek other options (i don't know what else to do. i'm open to suggestions)

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you can offer.

#47 ·
I need some advise or help in making a decision. Swaplease.com and Leasetrader.com are all offering to list my car on their site so someone can take over my lease because the $1408.86 a month is a sweet deal compare to the $1550 plus deals they currently have for 09 750Li's.

It look like i'm not gonna recoop any of my downpayment unless i try to sell it on ebay or Autotrader.com. 09 750Li's similar to mine with the same options (some with more miles than mine) are selling anywhere between $92 and $98k on ebay.

On the other hand, my CA/Dealership (i'm dealing with a new CA/Dealership now) has agreed for me to trade-in the car so i can get into the lease for my ED. According to BMWFS, the pay off amount is approximately $86k which means the CA or dealership SHOULDN'T roll anything into my new lease since the car is definitely worth more than $86k and if anything should give me some money back (fingers cross) but i'll definitely loose all my $26k downpayment.

What should i do?

1) Have someone takeover the lease (i have to pay some fees for the take over)

2) Try to sell it on ebay or Autotrader.com (hopefully make some $$ and pay off my lease)

3) Trade-in (and pray the dealership give me $86k or more so nothing is roll into my new lease)

4) Seek other options (i don't know what else to do. i'm open to suggestions)

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you can offer.
Just so we understand, why did you put $26000 down on a lease and why are you replacing the 09 so quickly?

#48 ·
I left both of my plates on my car at drop off. They were still on the car at delivery 6 weeks later. I did remove and take with me the first aid kit and triangle. These were replaced at the VDC with the US version, which was not a good as the German kit. Now I have both. I put the US kit in another car.

#50 ·
I've always purchased my 7er and since i was getting into a new 7er almost every 3/4 years i thought it'll be best to lease. Somehow, when i was doing the paper work for my current lease i was still under the impression of financing (yes, believe it or not but all i was thinking of financing terms even though i was leasing) and thought paying for my taxes and fees upfront and also trading in my 745Li (paid with title in hand) will help minimize the down payment. Furthermore, i thought when i traded the car in after 3/4 years i'll get some of the money back or i could just sell it and use the money for another 7er or just keep the car.

Yes i'll admit this is all my fault because i was clueless about leasing and having a lower monthly payment (for finance) was preferrable, hence the $26 downpayment.

So to answer your question, i put down $26k to minimize my monthly payment for "financing" the vehicle and not lease it. Secondly, i wanted several other options that i didn't have and when i findout about the ED program and how i could get all the options i wanted for $12k less than what i currently have i decided to take it.

I'm only getting rid of my current 09 750Li so i can get into another 750Li with more options and pay almost the same monthly payment as i'm currently paying.

I sign for a 42 months with 35k miles lease that was presented to me and i didn't question anything because financing and leasing had blur together in my mind.

Basically i got into something that i didn't know anything about and i got screwed. I'm willing to take my losses and get the car with the options that i really wanted.

#52 ·
I've always purchased my 7er and since i was getting into a new 7er almost every 3/4 years i thought it'll be best to lease. Somehow, when i was doing the paper work for my current lease i was still under the impression of financing (yes, believe it or not but all i was thinking of financing terms even though i was leasing) and thought paying for my taxes and fees upfront and also trading in my 745Li (paid with title in hand) will help minimize the down payment. Furthermore, i thought when i traded the car in after 3/4 years i'll get some of the money back or i could just sell it and use the money for another 7er or just keep the car.

Yes i'll admit this is all my fault because i was clueless about leasing and having a lower monthly payment (for finance) was preferrable, hence the $26 downpayment.

So to answer your question, i put down $26k to minimize my monthly payment for "financing" the vehicle and not lease it. Secondly, i wanted several other options that i didn't have and when i findout about the ED program and how i could get all the options i wanted for $12k less than what i currently have i decided to take it.

I'm only getting rid of my current 09 750Li so i can get into another 750Li with more options and pay almost the same monthly payment as i'm currently paying.

I sign for a 42 months with 35k miles lease that was presented to me and i didn't question anything because financing and leasing had blur together in my mind.

Basically i got into something that i didn't know anything about and i got screwed. I'm willing to take my losses and get the car with the options that i really wanted.
So to clarify, you have:
1. a 200_ 745Li that you own outright
2. a 2009 750Li that you are leasing with a monthly payment of $1408.86. (48 month term) You paid $__ down?

You want to:
1. Get rid of both cars and lease a new ED 2009 750Li for 36 months

Is this correct?

#53 ·
I'm glad you found Bimmerfest NOW before the next lease!

#54 · (Edited)
Hayden,

Sorry for the confusion but the 745Li is what i traded in to get the 09 750Li. I want to get rid of the current 750Li i'm leasing so i can get into ED 750Li which has all the options that my current 750Li does not have. The Euro trip is also a factor even though i can do my own Euro trip another time.

What I currently have
09 750Li Sedan
Mineral White Metallic
Oyster Nappa Leather
Fine Line High Gloss Wood trim
Camera Package
Convenience Package
Driver Assistance Package
Luxury Rear Seating Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Entertainment Package
19" Light-alloy wheels multi-spoke (Style 235) w/performance tires
Ceramic Controls
Head-up Display
Instrument panel with leather finish
Smartphone Integration
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
MSRP $105,569.00 (didn***8217;t get any discount or whatsoever)

What I plan on getting
09 750Li Sedan
Titanium Silver Metallic
Saddle and Black Nappa Leather
Fine Line High Gloss Wood trim
Camera Package
Convenience Package
Driver Assistance Package
Luxury Rear Seating Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Entertainment Package
Sport Package
Active Cruise Control
Ceramic Controls
Head-up Display
Instrument panel with leather finish
Massaging rear seat
Smartphone Integration
MSRP $111420, ED MSRP $98825 (including dealership profit)

#57 ·
Sorry for the confusion but the 745Li is what i traded in to get the 09 750Li. I want to get rid of the current 750Li i'm leasing so i can get into ED 750Li which has all the options that my current 750Li does not have. The Euro trip is also a factor even though i can do my own Euro trip another time.
Got it. Looks like selling it privately will yield you the most return at this point. That sure is an ugly situation asaseaban! :yikes:

How much was your total drive-off (down payment + 1st month + fees, etc) for the current 750Li you have now?

#58 ·
$26,150.12 to be exact.

I'm sure in one heck of an ugly situation...but so far i've learn a lot...not only about leasing but about life as well; don't do anything unless you know what f**** you're doing or getting into.

Will put it on Ebay and Autotrader and see what happens.

#62 ·
Will find a scanner and scan it. Not sure how it will look since it's one of those long yellow sheets.

#76 ·

Attachments

#79 ·
OK, as I said I understand your philosophy and it's a common one. The buyer has to always know as much as the seller; this is not always possible of course as I have demonstrated with derivatives example, dentist, car repair, financial advise, and so on, but fine. The problem is, when the businesses don't police themselves, governments do, which will result in forthcoming regulations even worse than Sarbanes-Oxley and that would not be good for the country as a whole.

#80 ·
Anyone know how to "Restore Factory Settings" or "Restore Defaults" or basically erase all personal information such as navigation destinations, contacts, telephone numbers, music store on the built-in hard driver, profiles, etc from the new F01/F02 7 series? I'm trying to sell my car and would like to erase all personal information from it before giving it away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.