BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Freebies when picking up?

9K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  The X Men 
#1 ·
Just out of curiosity, what kinds of freebies did you guys get from the dealer when you picked up your car? :)

I'm picking mine up tomorrow and I'm thrilled :D

#2 ·
All weather mats... Good luck!

#4 ·
On my 535xi I received $50 gift cert to local fancy clothing store, BMW hat, keychain, coffee mug.

I'll let you know when the X3 comes in....to be continued.

#6 ·
The price you paid should have nothing to do with dealer "gifts" post purchase. Unless your sales guy is a tool, you should ask for things like winter mats, mugs, keychains, hats, mugs, etc. Most dealers have a gift shop. They are given budgets for customer appreciation. Help them spend it.

I got full sets of winter mats, shirts,hats, keychains, tumbler, mug. And my wife got a big ass bouquet of flowers.

#18 · (Edited)
Sounds like someone paid too much for their car :) :)

No, sounds like some of you roll over and play dead when it comes to negotiating and asking your SA to hook you up. I pay cash for my cars and only wholesale or well below.

The dealer never makes a dime on me. Sounds like they have no trouble making up the delta with the next guy who needs 100% financing including sales tax, extended warranty, service, and tire protection. And then their happy with a keychain.....d'oh!

There is a sucker born every minute.

Buying a car is a game and if you play by their rules...you are going to lose. Don't be shy and walk away if you have to. Never buy on emotion.

Free advice over.

Peace.

#9 ·
My car came with wheel locks and I got 2 bmw dealer keychains. I think it does have something to do with the price paid. I got it at 8.67% below MSRP and it was a custom order.

Or maybe I'm just making myself feel better i thought I would get more lol.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#11 · (Edited)
well, only got $2,600 off the $53,295 sticker. My dealer had to search for my car and found it in Philly PA., then had it shipped to Upstate N.Y. They gave me a nice key chain, 2 coffee mugs, a few polishing cloths...thats about it I'm affraid. I was just happy I did not have to order and wait for delivery. I was happy to get all the options and color I wanted.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2013 Estoril Blue II 328i XDrive ; M Sport, Premium, Winter, Lighting, HK sound, technology, 8-Speed Auto Sport Tranny/Paddle Shifters.

Attachments

#13 ·
I know X Men; looks like next time I will be more patient. I tried 3 different dealers and the other two wanted me to order one; diden't even offer to look elsewhere. Not driving in the winter because its TERRIBLE in Syracuse N.Y. Salt and cinder is heavy here. I see cars that are just a few years old that have rust pushing through.

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
I'm not in or affiliated with the car business at all. I couldn't be further away from it and actually i'm just "Joe consumer" ;). You are the one making the assumptions, dude.

This thread was about freebies and apparently my delivery day bounty touched a nerve with a few, especially X Men.

All I can say is if you don't make your dealer work for your hard earned bucks, then don't complain. Ask for everything. The worst they can say is no.

#24 ·
I'll just throw my opinion in there, I think it has something to do with the relationship you have with your CA. My regular CA who handles my EDs gives me all sorts of free stuff, last time he topped it off with an iphone 4 cradle. On our most current purchase, I went around to a countless number of dealerships and got a great price above invoice, in the end I got a few key chains. Over the years I've gotten coffee mugs, travel containers, and other accessories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.