BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2003 E46 M3 with 167K miles worth $10k?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Gotvindaloo 
#1 ·
I am considering buying a used E46 2003 Laguna Seca Blue. The asking price is $10K. The car has 167K miles on it. Is it worth the price? How long do the M3 typically last? I haven't seen many BMW's with more than 150K miles on them. Do owners typically just keep them after they've hit this high mileage or do they break down by then? Thanks!

#3 ·
There is no reason why a M3 will not last more then 200,000 + miles as long as you are diligent about regular servicing. My previous car was a E36 M3 and it was stage 3 Dinan and when i sold it with 160k it was still not burning a drop of oil. I am a strong believer of synthetic oil at 5k intervals + regular maintenance.

I have a E46 M3 and at 80k you can wrap your finger around the exhaust tip and there is hardly any carbon build up and as a result it is not burning a drop of oil. Also using gas from Chevron or Shell is a key player in keeping your engine internals clean:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.