BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

iPhone 5 Compatibility

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Remito 
#1 ·
Hello All! Just picked up a 2011 X6 3.5. Loving it so far! Lots of questions that I will search this forum for answers. I started with this one, but couldn't find anything. Regarding iPhone 5 compatibility: when I connect my phone to the usb ports (in the glove box or the center console), I get a "not supported" message on the display screen. I checked for updates and according to the BMW site, I'm up to date. Anyone else encounter this and figured a way around it? Please keep in mind the bluetooth connection (for phone....I don't have streaming capability) works just fine.

#10 ·
You have to connect a regular ipod (not an iphone) to the aux in the center compartment, you will need a special cable sold at the dealer for $70 with dual conectors, one is usb for power, a 1/8 plug for sound and the other end is a multiplug for the ipod. mine works great and the idrive controls it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.