BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does the dealer installed Ipod integration still suck?

915 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  velvetaudio 
#1 ·
So I have an 08 328i with the HIFI stereo with just the aux in. So apparently there is no DICE system for my car and I can't find a lot of info on changing out to a Mulf2 High or Combox. Tons of people do it to add bluetooth but I have that. All I really want is to run my ipod through the head unit. I am upgrading the speakers and amps but keeping the head unit.

From what I have read when the ipod integration came out there were long scan times and it would only scan the first 255 items or so at a time? I haven't seen many threads from people who have recently installed it. I have about 30 gigs of music, is it acceptable solution, is there some other solution I am missing or should I just run the ipod line out into the aux and control it form the Ipod. FWIW, I used to control it all from my aftermarket HU in my old car and it was great.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

So you basically have to manually search through all your artists? I have a TON of music and a cable with the line out that lets me charge the ipod at the same time. I would love to be able to drive my ipod from the radio as I am used to that from my last car and its easier to keep your eyes on the road and search BUT I hate to drop $400 if searching and playing manually is way faster/more efficient.

Also, what about the scan time. Does it scan the whole Ipod or just in sections?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.