BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Debadge..Yes or no?

12K views 57 replies 34 participants last post by  adtian 
#1 ·
Been toying with the idea, all my other cars have been de-badge (not the logo just the model). Thoughts?....

#7 ·
Lol. I totally agree. Worse yet is when i see a re- badged car. A few months ago i saw a re-badged e46 while stuck in traffic on my way home from work. I knew for certain it was a 325 despite the M3 badge on the trunk and the vents on the front quarter panels. It was the two extra doors that gave it away.

#10 ·
debadge is the way to go. however, we're so used to seeing cars with badges in the center and many in both right/left corners that it looks kind of funny not to see them. so with that in mind i could see why some are opposed to debadging. in a perfect world, all cars would be debadged and they of course would look better.

actually, in a perfect world, people wouldn't accept the fact that the car dealer needs to tag up the rear end of their brand new car with a license plate holder, metal dealer logo badge, dealer sticker, etc. i think its hillarious when i see a new corvette driving around with a big metal dealer logo of the state of texas on it. lol.

i just paid $60,000 for this thing, would you please glue your logo on it?

#14 ·
I don't like chrome - as far as I'm concerned it has no business on an e46.

Besides, the letters on one side of the trunk ruins the symmetry of the car.

An added bonus is the occasional confused driver that pulls up next to me and says "why aren't there any letters on your car" or "is that an M3?"

#18 ·
When I got my ZHP it was debadged and at first I didn't like it. I asked the seller for the '330i' with the intention of putting it back on. After a while, though, I started to like having it debadged so only people that knew what it was would know what it is. I think 95% of 3-series owners don't care if it's a 325 or 330 anyway, so it kind of makes mine stand out. I bought 'E46 ZHP' for my license plate anyway, so technically I am badged for the informed and debadged for the uninformed.

#20 ·
I like the de-badged look.. First noticed it on Boxsters...

I bought my ZHP a few months ago from a BMW dealer... Drove it home, and the first thing out of my teenager's mouth, "Hey, it's debadged!".. I looked that car over for an hour, including checking out the spare, etc.... and, I never noticed... lol..

Now, I forget about it.... until, someone says, "That's a nice looking car.. now, which one is it?"

Re-badging? Now, THAT is heresy! lol..

#21 ·
Just throwing this out there, you can also go the route of getting matte black or gloss black badges. I do not know the color of your vehicle so I am not sure how it would look but on certain colors the black badges don't look too bad and it is an alternative to debadging and will eliminate the chrome without getting rid of the badge. Just a thought.

#22 ·
Not a fan......

#29 ·
I debadged only after I got suspension new rims and a GTR hood.

Note that I'm not saying the 3-series is a "chick car" (like the Jetta or Beetle), but around here the 3-series is on that side of the spectrum.
:)

Oh, and I do like the de-badged look, go for it.
yeah if your in high school. Everyone has a 3-series not just chicks.

#30 ·
DO it. Looks cleaner and classier. Easier to clean and wax too. Badge ads nothing!! It's a BMW. That's all most folks need to know.

#38 ·
If anyone with an M series de-badged, identify yourself now. I leave the 650i on because even other BMW owners don't know what model my car is. I provide the service of enlightening them by leaving the 650i badge in tact. ; )

#43 · (Edited)
Ahh, but few if any BMW owners actually debadge their cars. To do it, you have to remove ALL the badges, and no one removes the roundels, and the roundel is a badge.

Sure, it would require major body work to fill in the recessed spots on the trunk and hood (even more work on the Z cars), but simply removing the model number isn't debadging a BMW.

It blows me away how people have this insatiable desire to change the way the car looks, either good or bad. They simply can't leave it alone. Keeping it clean and shiny isn't enough.

Once again, it's just my OPINION. And like sphincters, we all have one. :rofl:

Oh! And I wouldn't be surprised if I joined the debadgers one day, as my opinions change over the years, but for now, I think it's silly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.