BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Fast Bob`s Video Jukebox

235K views 2K replies 44 participants last post by  Fast Bob 
#1 · (Edited)
Let`s kick it off with this....

#35 ·
As long as the volume is at MAX....

#40 ·
Good stuff, Riv ! I dig good sax players too....first became aware of David Sanborn when I saw him touring with Bowie on the Young Americans tour....he just lit the place up with his incendiary playing....

Here`s a smooth number with Bob James...

#41 ·
Bird Dog, welcome aboard ! I commend your excellent taste in music, looking forward to more :thumbup:

#45 · (Edited)
Thanks Bob! Only recently discovering JD McPherson sent me to the stacks for some older Rockabilly (Revival) and Bluesy stuff. I still get off on this kinda' sound after all these years... Stevie Ray Vaughan, Stray Cats and such. Here's a few others that may not be as much in the common lexicon.

Edit: Hmmm... vids not showing up. I'll try again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPX1CMPiTA

#42 ·
And now for something a little different.....

The bass player really starts kickin` it at 1:12....he reminds me of a cross between Jon Lovitz and Flea.... :D

#52 ·
can you say "Drug-Fueled Excess" ?

(If this bass line was any more brutal, it would knock the enamel right off your teeth....)

and then......F>A>S>T-F>O>R>W>A>R>D> 30 years....

The maniac is still at it !

(Trivia: Iggy has never owned a shirt....:rofl:)

#53 ·
#54 ·
OK. This one pretty much says it all..... in a slightly twisted way. Great for moderate freeway traffic at 80+. :yikes:

#55 ·

War Story:

Sometime in 1980....this song was blasting on the radio. Joey Perino was at the wheel of his brother`s Trans Am 6.6....Buster Marrone was riding shotgun, I was in the back....we were flying low, doing about a buck-twenty on the Staten Island Expressway. For some strange and unexplained reason, I saw Buster reach up near the sun visor. By the time I realized what he was doing, it was too late....he popped the release latch, and the passenger side T-top blew out of it`s position and went flying across the highway behind us (!). Luckily, Joey had a cool head, and maintained perfect control of the car.
We laughed about that for years afterward.

I miss Joey...a sudden and massive heart attack took him at age 54....:cry:

#56 ·
Great song. Great band. I've seen them 3 times, maybe 4. Just a couple years ago at the Wang Theatre in Boston in fact.
Every group of pirates has their member that leaves too early...

#57 ·
a twofer from my favorite King Crimson lineup....

#58 ·
Unfortunately, we will never see greatness of this magnitude, ever again....

#61 ·
Back in another lifetime, I had this bass line pretty well nailed down....

#62 ·
Prince (!) lays down a stellar performance during this tribute to George Harrison....

#63 ·
This song always makes me want to violate the speed limit.... :D

#65 · (Edited)
Then....

and uh, later......

and now.

#66 ·
Good choice, Ahull....since we`re in that timeframe....

I used to have fun playing along with Flea on this one....

#67 ·
Good choice, Ahull....since we`re in that timeframe....

I used to have fun playing along with Flea on this one....
Good stuff Bob! This is probably my favorite period of music. You play bass?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.