BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#75,462 ·
3700 for a 328ci
that i think may need diff bushings?
new struts and shocks
174xxx?

think id look dumb for going back?

im too picky when it comes to cars :rofl:
My dad got his 325i with 156k on it for 3100 but needs clear on hood. Nothing else wrong tho. So that price don't seem bad.

#75,465 ·
Joey, you can disable the alarm by removing the two fuses near the positive battery terminal under the hood. At least, that's where my Clifford fuses were in my 4-door.

#75,468 ·
$4k is cheap for that car. See if you can get lower, as always, but don't expect much.

#75,469 ·
A few years ago now, I tried going into my bank to withdraw $8k to buy a car. They told me that they "didn't have enough on hand, so I'd have to book an appointment, that or they'd call ahead to another branch and let them know I was coming".

Now on the surface, these both seem legit, but how the hell am I supposed to know that Skippy won't just call up a buddy and tell them that a guy would be at this location at this time with this much $ on him? Call me paranoid, but I was pissed. It was my money, they most assuredly had $8k on hand, and they want me to take extra risks for what possible reason?
Actually, it's not that simple. Branches can only have so much cash on hand. If they've had some very large withdraws and haven't taken in as much as they usually would, they could be running low. They need to keep a minimum on hand to service the other 95% of people who just need a little, and giving 8k to one person could put them in a bad spot.

Giving someone half or less and calling ahead to another branch is actually pretty common.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#75,470 ·
Speaking of possessed cars, I finally got fed up with the ridiculous amount of salt caked on my car and stopped at an automated wash place. It caused my alarm to start going nuts, locking and unlocking the door, then it wouldn't start after I got my coffee. I reset the battery and tried it a few more times to get it to start. The alarm light was on solid, and it kept randomly unlocking and locking on the rest of my way in. After about 5 minutes it stopped, then the alarm light just went out, and when I got to the garage at work, it would restart, however the fob no longer locks the car.

Its some sh!tty Clifford alarm that I've never liked, so I don't particularly care if its dead, but I gots big issues if its going to keep preventing the car from starting. :(
I just went out and checked the car. Won't start. Ripped out the glove box and unplugged the module, no dice. Plugged it back in, still no go. Reset the battery, nope. Everything else works, the alarm just has it immobilized.

Any suggestions? I'd really, really, really like to be able to drive home tonight. :mad:

EDIT: I took the housing off the control module, there's water inside the housing somehow, but nothing around where it was is wet. However, the passenger's floorboard is soaked.

#75,472 ·
#75,474 ·
well my brother called the guy and explained to him about the check. guy thought i wanted to give him a personal check but my bro explained that we both will go to the bank and do it that way as Ken mentioned earlier

so this weekend if the car is there. its mine
kick butt... sneak peek of pictures?

And why wait until this weekend?

#75,475 ·
I just went out and checked the car. Won't start. Ripped out the glove box and unplugged the module, no dice. Plugged it back in, still no go. Reset the battery, nope. Everything else works, the alarm just has it immobilized.

Any suggestions? I'd really, really, really like to be able to drive home tonight. :mad:

EDIT: I took the housing off the control module, there's water inside the housing somehow, but nothing around where it was is wet. However, the passenger's floorboard is soaked.
Joey, you can disable the alarm by removing the two fuses near the positive battery terminal under the hood. At least, that's where my Clifford fuses were in my 4-door.
If your ECU isn't shot from water damage, try taking out the fuses. I think Clifford does more than just the little alarm module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.