BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I think my car had a heart attack!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  irokdastar383 
#1 ·
sup everyone. i picked up my car last night from my parents house.which i drove it there yesterday morning .everything was fine with the car. after driving it like a mile the bass on my radio starts to go in and out like the l7 was loosing power. and if put it on low the l7 kicks back up.so i pulled over turned of the car. i go to turn it back on i get a chrismass light show. every error that the idrive could kick up it did. from trans faail safe to brake to drive modual.i took the key completly out and it still has the warning on the display.i keep trying to turn it on and it trys to starts but fails.so i open the trunk and i turn the battery off from the switch on the right side.i leave it for a min and turn back on. i get in my car and turn it on . it stuggles for a sec with all the error messages and turns on . everything goes away and the car is perfect . i tryed to turn on and off a few times and it works good now.what am i dealing with here?

#6 ·
another brooklyn 7 series...:dunno:..Prob like others have stated.

#8 ·
get the voltage checked and maybe the batt too. That way you will have some time to price it otherwise you may be stuck.

#9 ·
Do not take a chance on this or else you will stranded which I am sure you're not gonna like much. While the sits at a safe area/place, you should take care of it as suggested above. It's pretty costly, but it's gotta be done. Also...Don't 4get to register it or it will repeat itself as in " Heart Attack " over and over.

#10 ·
Did you buy a new battery a few weeks ago when you were having all of the problems with your car?

Also, after you had all the problems a few weeks ago, did you have your L7 replaced or did it just start working again?

This definitely seems related to what was going on with your car a few weeks ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.