BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Valentine One location

9K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  7Figurez 
#1 ·
Hey guys, first, I did run a search for this topic but the posts are mostly for the 3er and 5er.

I am wondering if any of you guys had hard wired a Valentine One in your 7er and if you placed it behind the rear view mirror or on the dash board.

Thanks,

Bimmerguy

#45 ·
Really? Mine sits about 2-3 inches higher than that. Does your detector differentiate if it's receiving a signal from the front/back like the V-1?

#48 ·
Gotcha. But I was curious if it showed you whether the signal was coming from the front or back like the V-1. The V-1 has arrows. I noticed that when my V-1 was in thwrong position, it w/still trigger by a supermarket entrance if I face directly in front of the doors. But the instead of the arrow pointing to the front of the car, it was the rear & side arrows. Nothing @ all from the front. After adjusting the height to 2 inches from the dash I tested it again & got a strong signal from the front only.

#51 ·
Yeah, just don't want you to be getting a signal from the rear when it's really coming from the front. It would be too late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.