BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

08 750i

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Mr. Gadget 
#1 ·
Thinking of getting an 08 750i as a business vehicle. I have done a search on the problems with the 7 series. I am still unclear. Have the problems detailed on the 02/03 745s been rung out at this point or do they continue to the 08/750i model?

#5 ·
instead of getting a brand new 750li, look at a used 06 760LI, v12 power, added features, same price, and issues are resolved. The only think the 06 lacks vs the 07+ is power fold up side mirrors.

#18 ·
06 do have the power fold up mirrors.

#7 ·
once I see the official F01 and F02, and when my lease is up in about October. I might get one before that if I find the right one. The problem is that when you find the perfect one, it's in California or somewhere 1000+ miles away.

#13 ·
I'm on my 4th month with my sport and I love the car more each day- so far no real issues and the time I brought the car in for service-IPOD kit and winter tires, I got a 535xi loaner for a couple of days
I got the 750i as a business vehicle as well

I hear mixed things about NYC BMW dealers but some good things from NJ and out here on Long island
This week I'll take off the winter wheels/tires and really be able to run the car

#14 ·
I have a 06 750i with 29k miles. Other than maintenance, have had none of the common problems. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Re i vs il, its personal choice. In my garage, the iL would be a pain in the a#$ to park. And the wife and I never sit back there so we would not ever need all the extra baggage thats towed along.

Get the 20 position comfort seats, they are great for commutes or long trips.

#15 ·
have one on order, can't wait! it is true that a used 760 might be sweet and the same price--if you are writing a check--but for me, i only lease and so big difference between a new 750 lease and a used 760 lease...

great incentives out there as well right now...

#16 ·
I have a 2006 750i with no problem reported. The 1st owner has it for 11 months and I have it for the last 6+ months. I like everything about it except 2 issues. Sunroof visor noisy when shade is opened and rough idling when cold in the morning for like less than 1 min.

#17 ·
open your hood and listen for unusual engine noises. My crankcase vent valves were leaking, and it seems to have started when I started getting rough starts this past winter. I had a couple of misfires and the engine malfunction light would come on occaisionally. Only happened early in the morning when the motor was cold.

#19 ·
My 2006

Have 2006 750Li -- it does NOT have power fold-up side mirrors and it has just about every other option you could get. And yes, I have had the hard 2-1 downshift and occasional tranny-slips-and-slams-so-hard-you-think-you-got-rear-ended. Have had one dealer visit with the "software update" coming story. About to take it back for visit number 2, undoubtedly on the road to insisting on a new transmission. One step at a time.

Joe

#20 ·
Had my 08 750Li for over 6mts now....no problems, and the iDrive seems very easy to navagate. Pairing the Blue Tooth.....well 2-3 tries B-4 you'll get it, but hay that's ok. Last month I had a blown fuse...the dealer replace it (without and appointment) in 10 min. Great Service!
Were leaving ext week for drive to Virginia Beach, its about 1500 mi round trip....so we'll see how everything goes. But as for now I'm Happy with the car!

Life's short, go-for-it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.