BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Coding HELP!!!

8K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  tonyscv 
#1 ·
Inspired by gt=hi&bye and the F10 forum, I've decided to dive head first in coding my GT. Today I ordered the enet cable from eBay and it should arrive on or before Friday. Now I am gathering all the software needed to tackle this project but have run into a problem and need your help.

I read a ton of posts and there weren't any that I would cosign as a true "How-To" guide so I've been doing a mental piecemeal to no avail.

Here's what I have so far:

enet cable - Ordered from eBay
E-Sys software (found but haven't confirmed whether it works)

What I need:
gt=hi&bye post says that the F07 uses the F01 files INSTEAD of the F10 files but I can't seem to find the F01 files anywhere. I MAY BE WRONG, but the files I need are "F001 psdzdata". Does anyone know where I can locate these files because after 7 hours of searching, I can't seem to find them anywhere. :mad:

BTW, if there's anything else you come across that I am missing please advise.

It goes without saying but once I successfully code my GT, a legitimate How-To guide is forthcoming. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Check with Shawn (he hangs out in the F10 and Coding Forums.) As I recall I got all the pdz files in one wack when I downloaded Esys (and yes we do use the F01 files for our GTs.)

I have an older version, if the F01 files are not out there anymore, I could figgure out a way to get a copy to you. (They are monster big files so e-mail doesn't really work. Rapidshare is the tool of choice for now.)

Once you get the files and start coding you MUST code the tire and pressure data tool. Just to see if it works oun your GT. We're all over the place on succes with this and another data point will be great. (Didn't work for me :cry: )

FWIW
DLM

#15 ·
Yipppee!!!

Once you get the files and start coding you MUST code the tire and pressure data tool. Just to see if it works oun your GT. We're all over the place on succes with this and another data point will be great. (Didn't work for me :cry: )
Thanks to all those who contributed to my coding success! This afternoon I coded my first module....TPMS! Pic in album! Coding continues FIRST THING TOMORROW MORNING! :D

#3 ·
Lex2BMW,
If I understand correctly, very recently, tonyscv coded his F07. Unlike me, I have the impression that he did it himself.
Perhaps you should send him a private pm for a little guidance.
I am sure he will of help to you in coding your car too.

tonyscv: hope this is ok with you.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the lead. I sent tonyscv a PM a few days ago and await a response.

#4 ·
Ok,

Having done this a while back, I hope I get this right....
You need to download E-SYS 3.18 with the EST token. The link is out there, in the coding forum (or probably still in the old thread in the F10 forum).
F001 files....just grab the pzdata 46.6 or shoot an email to Shawn to get the latest ones he was able to get a hold of. the F001 files will be in there. When you load them in e-sys you'll see that it gives you the option to connect using F001 (7er, 5er GT) , F010 (5er) or F025 (X3/new 3er).

Download the spreadsheet from the coding section and try one of the codes. If you get an error come back and we'll try to figure it out. Code your rsc_safety (tire pressure) to see if it works for you. It didn't work for Dmunz but it does work in my car. Still haven't figured out why some do and some don't.

G/L. Coding is addictive...

#5 ·
Ok,

Having done this a while back, I hope I get this right....
You need to download E-SYS 3.18 with the EST token. The link is out there, in the coding forum (or probably still in the old thread in the F10 forum).
F001 files....just grab the pzdata 46.6 or shoot an email to Shawn to get the latest ones he was able to get a hold of. the F001 files will be in there. When you load them in e-sys you'll see that it gives you the option to connect using F001 (7er, 5er GT) , F010 (5er) or F025 (X3/new 3er).

Download the spreadsheet from the coding section and try one of the codes. If you get an error come back and we'll try to figure it out. Code your rsc_safety (tire pressure) to see if it works for you. It didn't work for Dmunz but it does work in my car. Still haven't figured out why some do and some don't.

G/L. Coding is addictive...
Thanks a lot man! My cable came in the mail today so as soon as I get my hands on the F0001 files I will get started.

#7 ·
Also, I will compensate anyone via paypal for postage if they are willing to send me a burned copy of all the software that is needed. I ordered the cable from gt=hi&bye's source and it came in the mail today. Once I get the software I am ready to roll.

#8 ·
There's really not that much to download, (yes big, but many files).

1 - E-SYS
2 - Psdzdata files. (Btw, these are probably 4dvds so it's easier to download, I'd think...).

Read this thread first: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631884 (Coding made easy in 1.2 billion steps...)

Check out this post: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6868737&postcount=1 - download all the pdf's. and check them out.

I also see that we no longer have the links to the files out there... BMW is cracking down. I'll send you a PM.

#9 ·
1STBimmer;. Code your rsc_safety (tire pressure) to see if it works for you. It didn't work for Dmunz but it does work in my car. Still haven't figured out why some do and some don't. G/L. Coding is addictive...[/QUOTE said:
This depends on the valves on your wheels. I have the Rotation Control and will test it in the next days.

Did someone code the Sport Display Efficient Dynamics and got it showing the kW and Nm?

#11 ·
This depends on the valves on your wheels. I have the Rotation Control and will test it in the next days.
US spec cars all come with the highest level of RDC available, which should include the PSI/BAR readout. There is no option to get the older system.

Did someone code the Sport Display Efficient Dynamics and got it showing the kW and Nm?
Yes, it works on the N55 engines (535's BENZIN/GAS) does not work on the N62 (550's Benzin) no idea if it'll work in a Diesel car...

If you look at the coding spreadsheet, the codes are there...

#13 ·
I appreciate everyone's input and HUGE THANKS to 1STBimmer, tonyscv, gt=hi&bye for steering me in the right direction!

Downloading as I type :thumbup:

#14 ·
Trailer Info

I've got a GT OEM trailer harness coming from South Africa (it was free, long story). The instructions say at the end to load a file to reprogram the vehicle. Unfortuneately, it apparantly does not list the actual parameters that need to be changed.

I've had a request on the coding forum for over a week with some views, but no answers. Does anyone know what parameters need to be set (and what values, if not just activ or nicht-activ)?

Also, I found a big spreadsheet (had over 13000 lines!) that listed numerous programming parameters and someone had translated some of them into English. For the life of me, I can't find that file either on my computer or on the forum. Personally, I think their search function and organization is lousy, but they don't like to hear it! Can anyone point me to that? There are some smaller files with a few hundred entries, but I think I need the bigger one, since none I've found deal with trailers.

BTW, I'm trying to turn off the PDC when I have a bike rack installed. Realize I need either a trailer emulator/tester or a light bar attached to actually create a load so it recognizes it's got a trailer installed.

As you can imagine, having the alarms going off and the big red boxes blocking a bunch of the display when the bike rack is installed is very annoying. And, for the price, i couldn't pass it up!

Once I get this installed and figured out, I'll let you know. It's in the works to make an OEM towing package for the GT available in the USA. Not sure when it will happen, but maybe soon.

#16 ·
Way to go Lex2BMW!

It seems to be that early production F07s don't have the ability to code the tire pressure and turn signal in HUD.
Correct me if I am wrong, but those who were not able to do it all have 2010 vehicles. Again, correct me if I am wrong but this seems to be the case.

#20 ·
Couldn't do it my 2012 (12/11 build) GT. I get the display but no data - just dashes.
Have you tried driving the car after doing this? The TPMS don't talk to the car until motion is detected, then it takes a bit for them all to sync up with the vehicle. Same issue with the 'stock' display...they don't show green or red or whatever until after you've driven a bit.

Anyone have an idea how long the battery in the TPMS lasts? Can it be replaced, or do you need to replace the whole thing?

#18 ·
I have a GT build in May 2010 and I was able to activate the HUD Turn Signal

here a video:

@ the begiining you will see the Entertainment, Phone and Phonebook....
Video HUD

#19 · (Edited)
you have to code 2 things for the turn signals:

KOMBI/3000/BLINKER_HUD_ENABLE / new value: aktiv / Werte=01, old value: nicht_aktiv / Werte=00
HU_CIC/3000/HUD_TURNSIGNAL / new value: aktiv / Werte=01, old value: nicht_aktiv / Werte=00

after coding you have to go to the settings/HeadUp Display/ then enter in first option (i don't know the name now and then check the TurnSignal-checkbox

#22 ·
FWIW, do NOT reset the TPMS unless you've just adjusted and verified the tire pressure is proper...it uses the value when reset to trigger the alert by looking for a difference from when it was last reset.

You'd also need to reset if you moved the wheels or maybe installed a different set (eg., I have to do that when I install my winter tires/wheels or switch back).

#24 ·
Yes.....
here we go:

KOMBI/3000/HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE / aktiv / Werte=01
KOMBI/3000/HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE / aktiv / Werte=01
KOMBI/3000/HUD_TELEFONBUCH_ENABLE / aktiv / Werte=01
KOMBI/3000/HUD_SPRACHEINGABE_ENABLE / aktiv / Werte=01

Regards

#25 ·
Ok, but you've got your car updated to 47.4... Did you get that done at the dealership/garage or did you do that yourself?

Yes.....
here we go:

KOMBI/3000/HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE / aktiv / Werte=01
KOMBI/3000/HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE / aktiv / Werte=01
KOMBI/3000/HUD_TELEFONBUCH_ENABLE / aktiv / Werte=01
KOMBI/3000/HUD_SPRACHEINGABE_ENABLE / aktiv / Werte=01

Regards

#27 ·
Hey All......do I need some pixie or fairy dust to enable VIM on my GT? The values are not the same as what I see on various cheat sheets. Can someone post the correct settings?

#32 ·
Yes but something tells me the F07 VIM values aren't the same as the F10 cause i can't get it to work. :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

#29 ·
Yes, the various cheat sheets say set Werte to FF but that is not an option for me. Also, the various cheat sheets say the default value is 3 kmh or 8 kmh. Again, not correct as my default value is nicht_aktiv with 3 kmh or 8 kmh as options.

#33 · (Edited)
It's confusing. There are 3 options, 3KMH, 8KMH and "nicht_aktiv". Ignore "nickt_aktiv" and set both settings to whichever you prefer (3kmh or 8kmh is fine) and THEN change the "Werte" values of the 3kmh or 8kmh selections to FF. They will wind up saving as "Unknown" "FF" but that is what will work. (if you don't now how to edit the Werte values, there is a tutorial somewhere - from memory, you have to right click, choose edit, manually edit the value in the bottom window and then over in the lower right corner of the app there is a tiny icon to save the value, THEN hit the save disk icon on the top menu and then code it.)

For example:

SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX 8_kmh = 8 AND "Werte" = FF
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN 3_kmh = 3 AND "Werte" = FF
VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE to "nicht_aktiv"

Those should do the trick. They worked for me. Be sure to use F01 coding.

- T

#30 ·
With the dvdinmotion cd the vaules are changed to FC in my GT.
So, try just to edit the "Werte=FC" and Save it

#31 ·
Thanks but i just tried and it didn't work.

I'm coding in HU CIC 3000 module

The default wercht is 00.

When i click EDIT, change value to FF or FC, and click SAVE.....the value changes back to 00.

#34 ·
Thanks so much T! I will try this tomorrow and report back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.