BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Finally placed my order for a 750 Individual

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rjkimbo 
#1 ·
Firstoff, thanks to the folks here that helped answer my questions. Some of you were active in answering my posts and others had posted a great deal of info previously that I found useful via forum searches. All of these things helped me make my decision.

So, yesterday I placed my order for an Individual 750Li. The config is as follows

- Individual interior - Amarone w/ Piano Black Wood
- Individual paint - Ruby Black Metallic
- Luxury seating
- Adaptive ride
- Convenience package
- Premium sound
- Rear entertainment
- Comfort Access
- HD Radio
- Sat Radio
- Shadowline Trim

It took me a little while to settle on a color choice. The exterior was easy as I loved the Ruby Black from day one. Amarone took a little while for me to warm up to, but after finding some real world pics of it via extensive web searching, I really do like it. It's not as striking as the Platinum, especially as an offset to the black wood, but Platinum is just way too light (especially when you have 2 young kids). Rust Brown never sat right with me as it appears a bit too orange. I hadn't considered Amarone initially because it seemed too dark. But in the end I decided that I did like it, I was better off going darker, and a red interior isn't something you see all that much.

The RSE issue was also a major hangup. Ideally, I would still like control of the RSE playback through the front iDrive controller. Here in the US market, with no option for a TV tuner, the front Entertainment menu leaves out DVD as a selection since the video input for the DVD to be shown on the front iDrive display is on the TV tuner module. So, it seemed like there would be no way to control RSE from up front. that was a major problem since my kids are too young to do it themselves.

In the end Adrian helped me find a solution and because of all his help on this, he's getting my business. Although a bit clunky, voice command can be used to control disc playback on the RSE system. It's not an ideal solution, but it's usable. Depending on how voice command plays out for everyday use, I still may try to find an independent BMW tech. Perhaps they might be able to just unlock the DVD menu option up front without the tuner, or if need be install the TV tuner module in order to unlock the DVD option up front. I don't care at all about a video feed up front, just control. So, we'll see how it all works out.

Anyways, I'm excited about it. I'll probably do some tinting to finish off the look and I'll post pics after delivery. Thanks to all for the help!

Jeff

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds perfect....Good Luck!
Amarone with piano wood is going to be a unique combination....but then thats what Inidividual is all about....:rolleyes:

#4 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Congratulations, rgbyhkr! Thanks so much for letting me take care of you.

This pic from your link shows the true colors of this gorgeous combination and it will look even better on a model like the 7 where there will be more area to let these colors shine.:thumbup: It's going to be a great marriage of color, that's for sure.

I was obsessed with Individual myself and finally settled on getting Stratus for my E46, so I can totally relate to your passion for exclusive colors.

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks buddy, you're a class act. Easy to work with and willing to go the extra mile. That was especially true for the RSE issue. It certainly doesn't hurt to learn a few new things about the nitty gritty details of how an option like that works, but I still appreciate you taking time to figure it out for me. That's the kind of thing that earns my business.

In the interests of trying to make the most of voice command, I may put together a quick reference card listing all the VC commands. I think iDrive has them in the help menu and you can use the "options" VC command to have the system give you a list audibly in certain menus, but a quick reference card will be one more way to learn them.

By the way, is it true that the 7 series comes (or did come with when this gen was first introduced) with a cheat sheet for valets? Perhaps because of the gear selector?

Jeff

#9 ·
Thanks buddy, you're a class act. Easy to work with and willing to go the extra mile. That was especially true for the RSE issue. It certainly doesn't hurt to learn a few new things about the nitty gritty details of how an option like that works, but I still appreciate you taking time to figure it out for me. That's the kind of thing that earns my business.

In the interests of trying to make the most of voice command, I may put together a quick reference card listing all the VC commands. I think iDrive has them in the help menu and you can use the "options" VC command to have the system give you a list audibly in certain menus, but a quick reference card will be one more way to learn them.

By the way, is it true that the 7 series comes (or did come with when this gen was first introduced) with a cheat sheet for valets? Perhaps because of the gear selector?

Jeff
Actually, yes, it did come with a little tear off notepad for valets back in 02 and 03.:rofl: I haven't seen those for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.