Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 06-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: MINI Clubman S All4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBrown62 View Post
I'm sure Jon in his career accepted a deal or two at full sticker when Edmunds might have suggested a lower price.

We all have.

Again, it is not about being "fair." What does that mean in a for-profit capitalism-based industry? Fair to whom? That is most often tipped toward the consumer, not the dealer.

Like I have said numerous time in these parallel threads: come in or inquire having done your research on the programs, put all the cards on the table right away (trade, payoffs, source of financing, etc.), and offer lower than where you want to end up.

Michael
Thank you, Michael.

Keep telling us though sometimes it is useless to tell someone something before they are ready to hear it.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 550i MSport
I highly doubt that the 15-20% off MSRP deals are the 'prevailing' price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

2001 740i AW/Black MSport
Old 06-22-2017, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post
I highly doubt that the 15-20% off MSRP deals are the 'prevailing' price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Yes it depends on local markets, and prevailing by definition is transient, plus if customers are eligible for certain incentives, e.g. corporate fleet(which covers lots of local companies).
Old 06-22-2017, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBrown62 View Post
IAgain, it is not about being "fair." What does that mean in a for-profit capitalism-based industry? Fair to whom? That is most often tipped toward the consumer, not the dealer.
Another tidbit on "fair" is that, given how inflated 3-year RV is on volume models(e.g. F30), BMWNA has to put 10%(e.g.) margin on MSRP to protect themselves against massive loss on lease returns.

In other words, BMWNA needs to book 10%(e.g.) of extra profit upfront, in order to write off 10%(e.g.) for lease return loss.

With the inflated MSRP, F30 is overpriced by 10-15%(e.g.) when compared to peers, so BMWNA has to dynamically lower prices through incentives to compete. The bad thing about hidden playbook is now that some dealers take away this dynamic pricing from US customers, and US customers react by shying away fro BMW.

The local volume dealers understand this very well and adjust accordingly to keep volume and stair steps. It appears that CAs on this subform are not from volume dealers, so the mechanics can be different.

On the subject of for-profit capitalism-based industry, do note that the customers are also for-profit entities, the profit being money kept in customer's pockets!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search