BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

died. (updated)

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  blingin96 
#1 · (Edited)
okay i searcher around about this question that i have and i mean basically if car cranks but doesnt start one or 2 of 3 things are missing (fuel, air, spark)

so anyway as i was driving today i was at a red light and rps started dropping below 500, it was a sudden drop and it went up for a little bit( couple of seconds) up to about 850 at idle, usually its less then that. so it went up higher then reg idle and by the time it went back to normal i started driving cause light turned green. about 6 min later as i was makin a left turn it did the same **** again but while driving, rps were at like 1500, and when i gave gas it didnt respond, just stalled out.( it is an auto tranny).

car wouldnt even crank for first 2 min of me being in the middle of the intersection. after 2 min it started cranking but wouldnt keep idling, just dies out. and at last about 10 min into the whole thing it started and i cought it with the gas pedal, reved it upt o like 6 couple times and it was fine after that.

later on(30 min ago) i was leaving the grocery store and after i drove 10 feet **** died again! cranks up fine, but just dies right after. sparks are on tight, i took off the air filet( it is a little dirty), unplugged the maf, still nothing. car cranks but dies right away. its not battery/alternator cause lights are on w/o problem, everything works. car does leak oil an didk how much leaked out but when i checked oil it was at the bottom line,so at minimum. so its not air, sparks, or fuel. idk about fuel i cant do any diagnostics on that w/o tools. any help here would be greatly appreciated. i left the car at the parking lot idk wtf to do now.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
its already towed. i think it was made in july or august. anyways just waitin on what my mechanic will say.

btw here are some pics since i never uploaded any eversince i got it

Attachments

#8 ·
bump. so yea it was the fuel pump. got the part for 140 and 130 installation. not too bad.

so now my right tail light went dimmer, i fkd around with the wires, just moved them around, and eventually it went out completely. turn signal, break, rev. lights all worked.... untill today everything stopped except turn signal. inside the light connector it looks a little rusty. anyone got a pair of tail lights? led (2003). or can i replace the connector if i take the tail light apart?

thank you

#9 ·
I would clean all the tail light connections with a small wire toothbrush and / or a metal pick to scrape all the corrosion out. Check the area where the bulbs sits also (bulb sockets). Re use your stock tail light. When you reinstall it use dielectric grease on the connections and light bulb sockets. It will help prevent the rust/corrosion your experiencing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.