BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Could these wires be??

877 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  injunmort 
#1 ·
These wires are just cut and laying here by the a/c dryer and headlight assembly.

I have been looking through the Bently and still have not found what they could be for. I am looking for the wires for the alarm siren and was wondering if these could be them? These are green-yellow/green-black but most of the places i have looked are either black-blue/brown or a blue/brown pair of wires. Any help would be great, its the last of the under hood wires that require fixing/finding where they go. Everything around them look to be plugged in or connected. thanks

AND sorry for the big pics but was hoping to get the color of the wires

See less See more
#2 ·
my first guess is aftermarket alarm wiring, you can tell by the high quality tape job. is the alarm on the car aftermarket? have you found the alarm in the car? probably under steering wheel behind panel. if it is aftermarket, disconnect and rewire where it was. these things are the source of more trouble than anything i have ever seen on an older car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.