BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Any wagon guys with upgraded wheel photos?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Topshelf 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'd like to find some nice rims for my 325 wagon. I checked tirerack but didn't see too much I liked. Anyone have any pics of wagons with classy looking 17" rims? I was just thinking about picking up some Style 68's if I can find a set local. Or maybe some other stock BMW rim that would look good. I know these stockers are bad when my wife says that have to go! :D

#3 ·
Here are some 20's we did on a wagon in Norway.

ENKREUZ for the win!

Also, his race springs are on the way ;)

We have these wheels in stock, in 20" Brushed/Chrome.

Thanks
JL

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I have a few ideas now, but unfortunately the only thing I can think of is that M Technic Body Kit in the one link. M Technic Is that just a replacement bumper? Or are there sideskirts and a rear bumper needed to make it look correct? That is simply gorgeous! Just don't have $1500 for a body kit. Dam, this car is going to cost me some money. :D

#5 ·
There's a front bumper, side skirts, and a rear bumper :)
JL

#7 ·
I think BBS RCs are classy looking. Not as easy to clean as some, though...

And the M aero II body kit, too.

We've had several bimmerfesters do just the front bumper. I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact, I sort of prefer the original side trim to the ones in the kit.

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks LMC. Those look nice. It's going to take me forever to figure out which ones I want.

Does BMW have any stock 16" rims that look nice? Well, nicer than the factory wagon ones? I have no problem sticking with 16's if I can find a little sportier look from them.

#9 ·
18's are about the minimum, in my opinion

#11 ·
The ride quality argument breaks down with today's tires. I had 18's, and the ride was terrible. I upgraded to 19's for show, and bought some better quality tires, and the ride was BETTER on the 19's than it was on the 18's. It just shows that it's all in the tire compound and pressure, not in the wheel diameter.

to each his own, I guess... but from our experience, 18's look small enough on the E46... 19's are the way to go... we actually don't carry anything in a 16 or 17.

best of luck
JL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.