BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Anybody with these issues?

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  650iQ7 
#1 ·
I got my first 650i convertible in May 2011 :), and with heavy rain there was a water leak from the seal between the top and right pillar. Also the rear windows were acting up when closing the top with the anti trap system, also bmw apps required and upgrade that caused the passenger seat to have an issue with the airbag. After many months my dealer could not fix it and the car was sent back to BMW and got a new 650i in september 2011. This one also had the same leak and the rear windows issue, the car was for the second time at the dealer, hoping the issues were corrected, waiting for heavy rain to confirm this. I cannot believe I have been the only one with this issue in two different 650 i convertibles :tsk:.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I didn't have a problem with leaking in my vert but I did have an issue with the rear driver side window not closing. I think I tried for 10 minutes one time before it decided to close.

I can't believe you are having the same problem with the 2nd car.

#4 ·
In fear of jinxing myself, no I haven't had any of these problems. The only issue so far has been every once in a while my trunk opens in reverse. I am not sure if my foot is hitting the button as I get in or if there is a simple fix that I have just avoided. My car hasn't been to the shop since I picked it up. My last 6 went 3 years without even a rattle. It was perfect.

#6 ·
Leak

Rear windows issue was fixed :), still water leaks through both seals :mad::tsk:

#7 ·
Rear windows issue was fixed :), still water leaks through both seals :mad::tsk:
Have they replaced all of the seals? Seems like something isn't lining up correctly if you're still getting leaks. I'd be pretty insistent given the age of the car and the potential problems that could result from water leaks. Maybe they've already done this, but it seems like the best fix. Sorry to hear about your troubles :(

#9 ·
It looks like the problem is that both seals are loose with a gap between the pillar and the seals.
Looking forward of not visiting the dealer for a while when I get the car back next week.
This is a 650 at the dealer showroom Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Vehicle

This is my 650
White Close-up Material property Glass

#10 ·
Sorry my car seal pic was not good, here is a better pic
Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Floor Car seat

#11 ·
I imagine that could be the problem. Also, maybe you should remove those flags poking a hole in your roof? :bigpimp:

#12 ·
Mine got the same issue. 3 times on the right and one on the left. I got the car back yesterday and if it leaks again I'll start a lemon on it..,apparently all seals have been replaced..,
Any hints on how to get it replaced?

#13 ·
John, look at the seal in each side, if there is a gap between the metal and the rubber, that can be the problem.
I am getting the 650i c Monday, will see if it will be the end.
My dealer started the process of replacing the previous 650 when they could not fix an airbag sensor issue with the passenger seat.

#14 ·
My 650i c has passed the slow continuous rain test after the last dealer visit, no leak :)
I will see soon under heavy rain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.