BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Well brand new 2013 wouldn't start...

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  greenie99 
#1 · (Edited)
Yep, convertible car.
Drove the thing the night before went out in the morning and boom no start.
My parking brake light was the only light I had and the parking brake light would not go out.
Didn't have dash lights. Had to have a tow truck out to jump the car.
Didn't start at first. Let it charge a bit, got dash lights and 10 minutes later it started.

Took it to the dealer they had no idea what happened. Had it for 5 days and talked to the techs in New York.
The car did not show anything other than the car did discharge somehow. Umm, yeah...

No answer, they have zero idea why this happened. Said the battery checked at 98%.

I never left anything on the night before, never do. I'm reading there is some kind of a draw if this sits for awhile but not the case here.
ALL of our other BMW's have never once done this.

Any ideas what may have cursed this?

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Their inability to find a cause is disconcerting... I hope they make it right for you. :(

#4 ·
When was it manufactured? My last 6 was a CPO and it sat on the lot for 6 months. The battery wouldn't stay charged from the discharge. They would be able to tell from the "driver profile" as well - it would show you hadn't driven it for months (which fits, given that you just got it!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.