BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New order

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  645/333 
#1 · (Edited)
For those who recognise my forum name will probably be aware that I sold my 645 a few years ago (N62 coolant pipe potential)
I said at the time that the 6 series was the best car I have ever owned and one day would return!!!
Well today my new order went in......for a 640i........ have not got the build date but imagine around mid-march 2016.........
Still have my Mercedes convertible, will have to decide what to do with her, brilliant car (but a diesel 3.0ltr).
Purposely went for the petrol in-line six with the bi-power turbo, much of a muchness in terms of options but did opt for the integral active steering!!! They do not do the Xdrive in the UK and when they do it is only with diesel engines????
Have to say could not live with the HUD on the demonstrator but I am sure everyone has an opinion!!!
So hopefully will be able to pitch in on this part of the forum!!!!!

#3 · (Edited)
Doh!:doh: I should have said convertible! too much excitement lol...........going for a colour combination that will make the car quite rare even using standard colours. I was told probably only one or even two in the UK.............as most go for White Red Blues or Greys and of course Blacks!!!
Believe it or not I have gone for the standard 18" wheel (yes I could have gone larger) as my choice. All to do with ride quality, I still have yet to come to terms with runflats from my previous experience (with the quality of roads here is the UK pot holes etc. and so many damaged tyres, so performance over looks). As you know the girl can lift her skirts and fly!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.