BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1st Post..Just got my '07 750i Sport

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  XZLR8 
#1 ·
Hey Guys/Gals,

I have been reading all your posts and, I must say, everybody is extremely well-informed here and I like this site much better than the Roadfly forum.

In any event, I wanted say first that this '07 car is awesome in every way shape and form. My last 7 was a 2001 Sport with the beefed rear end and was probably the finest car I have ever driven as a daily driver (I own a 2005 F430 Coupe which is not comparable really to anything).

I have every option except rear entertainment and the color is Black Sapphire w/Black Nasca interior. It is gorgeous and rides like a dream. One thing I did notice is when stopping for a red light the downshift to 2nd or 1st from the automatic trans. is pretty noticeable, not very smooth. Maybe it's something I have to get used to.

Also, the dealer offered me the InTire Tire and Wheel Guarantee for $800. If you're not familiar with this particular plan: tires, wheels, tax, balancing, etc. are covered (repaired and/or replaced.) for 5 years. I have a 36 mo. lease. Knowing that these 20" wheels, tires are not cheap, it seems reasonable.

I told the dealer I wanted to think about it, but it sounds like something I should buy. 1 or 2 unforseen potholes here in the NE and that could be an $1100 bill.

They also offered me the Teflon paintcoat sealant for $475 to which I responded that I wasn't planning on cooking eggs or making pancakes on the car, so I passed. To me,it's a very expensive wax job!, but dealers probably make a $470 profit on it so why not push it?

What are your opinions on the Tire/Wheel insurance?

Thanks,
Ken

See less See more
#2 ·
:thumbup: :drink: :smokin: :thumbs:

Congratulations! I think the black/black color combo is the PERFECT choice for the new 7 - and I'm sure it looks awesome. Post some pictures!

I like the tire warranty - but not at $800. (I paid $500). This is highly negotiable and you can get it for less ($500 - $600 easily). Its great because if you hit a nail in the sidewall and it can't be repaired, you get a new wheel. Plus, if you hit a pothole, its not too difficult to bend a rim. The insurance covers that too.

You did the right thing avoiding the Teflon. Its a lease - no worries. :brent:

#3 ·
:thumbup: :drink: :smokin: :thumbs:

Congratulations! I think the black/black color combo is the PERFECT choice for the new 7 - and I'm sure it looks awesome. Post some pictures!

I like the tire warranty - but not at $800. (I paid $500). This is highly negotiable and you can get it for less ($500 - $600 easily). Its great because if you hit a nail in the sidewall and it can't be repaired, you get a new wheel. Plus, if you hit a pothole, its not too difficult to bend a rim. The insurance covers that too.

You did the right thing avoiding the Teflon. Its a lease - no worries. :brent:
Thanks!

Is this warranty something I can buy outside of my dealership? That's their price - $800

#4 ·
Their Price

Because they are 20's... If you feel that you really going to use/need the service buy it and right it off at the end of the year; done deal...

Good luck with the new ride. Pics would be good to see.

#7 ·
I hope to take delivery of my '07 750i Sport next week, so I am very jealous. Congratulations on your new ride!

#10 ·
Thanks again for the good wishes, guys.

I'll try and post some pictures when this Nor'easter takes the high road outta here and I can get her all nice and pretty again. I will say this: the 20" wheels REALLY "make" the car and need to be clean at all times for full effect, especially with the Black Sapphire contrast effect and black shadowline (no chrome anywhere anywhere except door handles). They are gorgeous-looking wheels, I must say!

As far as when I ordered the car, an unsold '07 Monaco Blue/Beige Sport had just come in to their showroom last Saturday, but after I saw it I really wanted the Black Sapphire/Black. No problem, there were still undelivered cars at the port and the dealer made a swap and I drove this car away in less than 1 week. Pretty slick on their part.

What's interesting is when I was driving away I asked about the "break-in" period, the salesman and service tech told me "there is none!". So, I respond by asking "I can drive 100mph with high RPM'S NOW?" They say "I wouldn't go to 6,500 RPM'S, but yeah, enjoy!" Than I read the manual last night and it says do not exceed 4500 RPM'S and 100mph for the first 1,200 miles and "avoid full-throttle operation and use of the transmission's kick-down mode during these initial miles". Guess I should've read the manual first before listening to these guys b/c I was agressively driving the car yesterday - not all the time, but enough to give me some concern after reading the manual. Hopefully, no damage done.

In addition to the somewhat prominent transmission downshifting I mentioned in my first post, I also need to get used to the Luxury seats. I did test-drive the above Monaco Sport last week which had the same seats and didn't notice anything I didn't like in the way of the seating. I was always focused on ride and engine response, which were/are phenomenal! But now, I kind of wish they had a little better side bolstering to go along with the Sport option (memories of my '01 740i Sport re-surfacing). But it's not a biggy with me and can't wait to fan the fanny in the summertime plus these seats ARE very luxurious-looking and feeling!

...Just me nit-picking and will, no doubt, get used to all of the above in no time. Hope the trans. thing is normal, though.

All of you waiting delivery on your '07 Sport will NOT be disappointed, I can assure you!

Just be careful not to get TOO carried away when driving for the 1st 1200 miles, as I DIDN'T do!

#11 ·
Not Gonna Hurt...

If you ran the engine hard for a few secs..mins... you'll be fine. No harm in a little fun.:D

Play around with the side-bolsters a bit more and you might find them tight enough if you are positioning them to the max.

What 20's are you sporting? Specs please.

The rain is not that bad, I am in NJ too... Take some pics in the garage then.:D Can't you tell we are picture whores... We can't get enough! pics..pics..pics...Need more pics...:rofl:

#12 ·
If you ran the engine hard for a few secs..mins... you'll be fine. No harm in a little fun.:D

Play around with the side-bolsters a bit more and you might find them tight enough if you are positioning them to the max.

What 20's are you sporting? Specs please.

The rain is not that bad, I am in NJ too... Take some pics in the garage then.:D Can't you tell we are picture whores... We can't get enough! pics..pics..pics...Need more pics...:rofl:
The wheels are 149's. New for the 750 Sport option in 2007, but I believe last year's 760 wheels.

I'm not quite sure how you "play around with side bolsters". Looked in the manual but couldn't find anything specific about bolsters. Is this something that can be adjusted from the seat controls?

One more thing that I forgot to mention. The Logic 7 radio is probably the finest car audio system I have ever heard. It is absolutely mind-blowing in its dynamic clarity, depth of true musical bass-tone (not your typical thumping and boom-box crap). However, you must play around with the equalizer settings to fully maximize its capabilities for your particular tastes. I initially had a deposit on an Audi S8, ordered with the $6,300 Bang + Olufsen 14 speaker radio option and this Logic 7 is just as good. Really!! How's that for saving $4,500? I passed on that car b/c it was $103,000 and couldn't justify how it was $20,000 better than my 750. I thought the 450hp and AWD would make me a believer - NOT!!!!! Plus, I really wasn't crazy about the exterior styling. It truly makes this 750 an absolute bargain!!!!!

After just dropping my daughter off at theater school this morning, I just sat in my driveway for about 15 mins. listening to different stations (60's, 70's, Classic Vinyl, The Who, etc.) and was grinning ear to ear at how awesome this radio is. My wife drives a Range Rover Sport Supercharged, also with Logic 7 and that radio is mind-blowing, as well. Now, in my F430, I NEVER turn the radio on b/c the beautiful "music" is right behind me.

Can you please explain how to adjust the bolsters? Thanks

#18 ·
The wheels are 149's.
Congrats from my side as well. BTW, the 149's are my favourite wheels for the E65/66. Unfortunately, they weren't available on the 2006 760Li...:mad:

I guess the only disadvantage those wheels might have is keeping those spokes clean...but they simply look awesome...:thumbup:

#14 · (Edited)
Bolsters

As XZLR8 mentioned...

Push the dial forward to tighten, pull the dial backwards (towards you) to release the tension.

The seating has some 14..18 functional moves. It took me some time to learn all the functions and proper settings for me but I started with the 2001 745Li to my current 750Li. A lot of miles to learn how to use it.

Listening to the Classic V! Excellent choice. Try Symphony station and enjoy the sounds!

#15 ·
XZLR8 and gbelton:

Thanks, I'll give it try. I saw that particular button and thought it only dealt with the lower back, as in inflating and deflating for lower back support - pushing in and out. I never thought that this button also has something to do with side bolstering adjustment.

Guess there is a slightly larger learning curve with this car than I thought - makes it more enjoyable though, as I discover new things about my new toy. And I haven't even BEGUN to go into "Settings" yet in the iDrive. I think I'll take a day off next week and learn that;)

Thanks again for the suggestions!!

#16 ·
Just for Clarity

When I say pull and push, what I mean is for you turn the dial like you are pulling a throttle on a motorcycle. Forward--back, you know what I mean...?

#19 ·
The side bolsters tighten the seat around your lower/mid back. Once you set it, when you turn off the car it loosens up. The best part is sitting down, pressing the start key and then feeling the seat "wrap around you"!

#22 ·
OOPS!

My bad..Totally forgot about that one, Snowtruck.

Here are all the options I was too lazy to list in my first post:

Convenience Pkge
Luxury Seating Pkge
Premium Sound
Sport Pkge
Comfort Access
High Def Radio
Satellite Radio

BTW, I finally figured out all the seating adjustments now and these seats are EXTREMELY comfortable and now realize I would've been greatly disappointed with the Sport seats. Love that lower lumber "squeeze"!

I will say these 20" wheels are a b*^ch to clean, for all you '07 Sport Option buyers. Gorgeous wheels, but there's a big price to pay if you want them looking clean everyday. Personally, I think dirty wheels definitely detract from a car's overall look - especially with this Black Sapphire Sport!!

My latest "project" now is getting the perfect settings on the Logic 7 Equalizer bars.

#27 ·
I'll use this thread, since I just got my '07 750i Sport too...

Well, I brought it home last night. I'm in love. It is everything I loved about my 745, only more and better.

I've only put about 70 miles on it thusfar, but a couple initial impressions...

The power bump over the 745 is very noticeable. I was driving my 745 in "Sport" mode most of the time, but this car feels more powerful without flicking it to Sport. Nice. And so far, I haven't noticed any hesitation or jerking (like with the 650).

Random: Bluetooth pairing was easy and it seems to work flawlessly (Verizon RAZR). The Luxury seats are fantastic, but the bottom of the seat seems to feel a little shorter than the Comfort seats in my 745. I find that I am extending the thigh support more than before, for some reason. And, at $90K, my a$s should be cooled and massaged. I love the subtle improvements to the interior, such as the knobs being trimmed with silver, etc. Love having a changer full of MP3s. Love, love, love it. The aux input works for my iPod, although the sound quality seems a bit worse than the CD changer of MP3s. There is an outlet to charge the iPod right next to the aux input, but then you have cables everywhere. I might just stick with MP3s and only use the iPod on trips. The mirrors fold in and up at the flick of a switch (right next to other mirror adjustments). Nice touch.

Now, Night Vision. This is probably a pointless $2,000 expense, but it's kind of interesting. There's a switch next to the light controls to turn it on/off, but you can also program the extra steering wheel button to control it, which is easier than fumbling for the dash button. When activated, it takes over your iDrive screen (either full screen or left portion, depending on the setting). I wish the image were in the line of sight more, as I found myself looking back and forth from the screen to the road. Necessary? Absolutely not. Cool? Yes.

The new Sport rims are amazing. And they're going to be an amazing bi+ch to clean. Already this morning, they're filthy. I do notice a little more tire noise with the 20s than before, but nothing outrageous. I have the new 19s ordered for my Blizzak snows. They're a nice looking rim too, but after the 20s, nothing looks as good.

No, I don't have any pictures yet. It was evening when I picked it up, then of course it rained and my rims are filthy this morning. Maybe I get some over the weekend.

Overall, very impressed.

I turned in the 650 (was able to make a deal) and will keep the 745 until before Thanksgiving or so, when the contract ends. Not sure what, if anything, I'll be filling the open slot with...

My fourth E65, believe it or not.

#28 ·
Well, I brought it home last night. I'm in love. It is everything I loved about my 745, only more and better.

I've only put about 70 miles on it thusfar, but a couple initial impressions...

The power bump over the 745 is very noticeable. I was driving my 745 in "Sport" mode most of the time, but this car feels more powerful without flicking it to Sport. Nice. And so far, I haven't noticed any hesitation or jerking (like with the 650).

Random: Bluetooth pairing was easy and it seems to work flawlessly (Verizon RAZR). The Luxury seats are fantastic, but the bottom of the seat seems to feel a little shorter than the Comfort seats in my 745. I find that I am extending the thigh support more than before, for some reason. And, at $90K, my a$s should be cooled and massaged. I love the subtle improvements to the interior, such as the knobs being trimmed with silver, etc. Love having a changer full of MP3s. Love, love, love it. The aux input works for my iPod, although the sound quality seems a bit worse than the CD changer of MP3s. There is an outlet to charge the iPod right next to the aux input, but then you have cables everywhere. I might just stick with MP3s and only use the iPod on trips. The mirrors fold in and up at the flick of a switch (right next to other mirror adjustments). Nice touch.

Now, Night Vision. This is probably a pointless $2,000 expense, but it's kind of interesting. There's a switch next to the light controls to turn it on/off, but you can also program the extra steering wheel button to control it, which is easier than fumbling for the dash button. When activated, it takes over your iDrive screen (either full screen or left portion, depending on the setting). I wish the image were in the line of sight more, as I found myself looking back and forth from the screen to the road. Necessary? Absolutely not. Cool? Yes.

The new Sport rims are amazing. And they're going to be an amazing bi+ch to clean. Already this morning, they're filthy. I do notice a little more tire noise with the 20s than before, but nothing outrageous. I have the new 19s ordered for my Blizzak snows. They're a nice looking rim too, but after the 20s, nothing looks as good.

No, I don't have any pictures yet. It was evening when I picked it up, then of course it rained and my rims are filthy this morning. Maybe I get some over the weekend.

Overall, very impressed.
I am curious. Do you sometimes feel a "pronounced" downshift to 1st gear when about come to stop?

Congrats and drive it in good health!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.