BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Loud ticking noise when at a stop. When i restart it I have to make sure rpm stays ov

1K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  irokdastar 
#1 ·
2003 x5 3.0

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#11 ·
ok i looked around and here is what i found.

1).Clean MAF sensor for P0313
2).Replace Valve cover gasket for P0171 and P0174 and also because I'm leaking oil from there.
3).Get smoke test done to see If I have any leaks or need to replace elbow also for P0171 and P0174
4).Replace fuel filter? I'm at 95,000 miles and don't believe its been replaced yet.
5) P0456 - you need a new gas cap
6) Check for vacuum leaks
7) Change fuel filter and take out the fuel pump to check the screen and clean it or change it.
8) Try getting an good fuel injector cleaner and add it with you next fill up . Make sure you put premium fuel .

#14 ·
IF you have a garage you trust I would take it to get a better idea . don't go to the dealer. if you want to start the diy I would ry to clean the MAF with a MAF cleaner and add the fuel injector cleaner with high quality gas . after that try the lifter rest instructions I sent you in the link. how about the spark plugs and coil have you changed those recently?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.