BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ruff estimate on repainting bumper

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  croasdail 
#1 ·
ok, after i hit some road debris on 95, in my infinate wisdow, i dicided to go with a nationwide insurance recomended auto body shop, everything told me to take it to annapolis but for some reason i said, hey, ill give them a try

i figured that they could fix a little dent and scar on the rear bumper, wrong answer

well the portion that they patched looks cloudy, my car is saphire black and since the paint is so cloudy, i cant even tell if theres any metalic in it, oh and also and i now have PDC malfunction,

leson learned never let an unknown wrench or paint monkey touch your car,

with that being said, does any body have a guess on how much it would cost to have a bmw dealer/colision center repaint the rear bumper

#2 ·
A real body shop would charge between $400 to $600 to do the job properly. Bumper (fascia) needs to be removed to do the job correctly and you might have to reprogram the computer after you disconnect the PDC sensors and battery. The good news is that your insurance will pay to make it right.

#3 ·
thanks for the insight, im going to give annapoilis a call on monday, its just frustratng, looking at the itemized bill its looks like, 197 for paint and 300 for labor, so thats definatly inside the ball park for the figure that you gave,

im sure it will get taken care of but am still frustrated and kicking myself in the ass for giving the little guy a chance. at the end of the day its no big deal to get it redone, but it would be soo nice if they could of gotten it right the first time

#6 ·
$500 at VOB's body shop after someone scraped my rear bumper. They did a beautiful job!

#7 ·
hmm. ill give VOB a call in the morning, do you now if they did the whole bumper or a section,

you know what, sometimes you can luck out and get some real artist/masters of the craft that do wonderful work and sometime you get the dirty dozen. hopefully next time ill get a devinci insted of a devito

#8 ·
hmm. ill give VOB a call in the morning, do you now if they did the whole bumper or a section,

you know what, sometimes you can luck out and get some real artist/masters of the craft that do wonderful work and sometime you get the dirty dozen. hopefully next time ill get a devinci insted of a devito
I had my front and rear bumpers done. They have to be removed and since it is not metal they need a total repaint I was told. Metal you can remove the clearcoat and then repaint with a blending procedure.

The bumpers are not metal so you can do that from the BMW certified repair shop.

#11 ·
As I posted somewhere in another post, I parked my car over one of those stupid concrete things they lay in the front of the parking bay and as I backed out the front bumper caught on the rebar sticking out the top and ripped my bumper, I had a guy come out from a franchise called M.A.R.S (Mmobile Appearance Reconditioning Service) he did a Plactic weld on the bumper and also did a repair on the corner where one of my fellow golfers side swiped me in the parking lot and didn't stop to leave his details. so after the repair and a respray touch up of the bumper he charged me $200, his wife works for my wife so I might of got a little bit of mates rates but but the result was quite impressive, even if I had paid double that I would have been happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.