BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Attention all new members - Introduce yourselves

1M views 7K replies 6K participants last post by  exiteternium 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello and welcome to Bimmerfest if you are new here!
I would just like to say, New Member Introductions is exactly what it sounds like, so please if you have questions about how to change headlights, where to get service, or any other questions, please, post in the area designated to your model instead of here. This section is for introductions strictly. Thanks. :)

1 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62

3 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

5 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

6 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114

7 & 8 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36

-Kevin

See less See more
#2,602 ·
New and Shopping

Hello everyone.

I'm shopping for a new to me car and I'm considering a 3-series. So I've come to this forum to hear the bad and the ugly on 3 series from 99 to 2012 or so (last model style before the current one). I"m not sure if one is better than the other.

I'd like to do repairs myself whenever possible. I'd also like some heads up on what I should be concerned about or looking for as potential red flags when I'm buying.

Hopefully I'll be able to navigate the threads and find some answers.

Thanks,

HockeytownGunner

#2,604 ·
Just a quick note to introduce myself to this awesome forum. Bought an '08 E90 M3 6MT about 45 days ago and I have a problem...I cannot stop driving it. Is this normal behavior?

I'm hoping this forum can help me through this difficult period. Thank you and good day.

#2,607 ·
My intro: I just bought my first Beemer (that's correct, I don't say "Bimmer") 2008 335Xi with 130,000 mi. Runs and drives near perfect. Not worried about maintenance, I do all my own work, whenever possible anyway. Alignments not included. Looking forward to learning all I can about this amazing, incredibly fun to drive car. Hello everyone!!!

#2,610 ·
Hello everyone, please allow me to introduce myself. I just joined this forum this morning and I guess you could say this is technically my first car.. but my actual first car was a 98 integ but I only had it for 2 weeks and I had to leave and leave it behind but I bought/got a 2008 335xi twin turbo but I don't know **** about BMWs and I notice there's sections for all the models like 3 series, 4, 5 etc... and m3 and all that but Idk is there a section specifically for the 335xi? I'd like to know as much as I can about this car.. #bmwnoob

#2,618 ·
I joined and have found the site very, very useful. I bought my first Bimmer; 2011 750LI Sport, new wheels, interior lights, H&R springs, wrapped roof. I appreciate all the help and guidance I have had thus far. Replies are prompt and for the most part helpful and courteous (there are always a few @&$&@& on ever site). GREAT site!!!! Thanks....

Attachments

#2,619 ·
I joined and have found the site very, very useful. I bought my first Bimmer; 2011 750LI Sport, new wheels, interior lights, H&R springs, wrapped roof. I appreciate all the help and guidance I have had thus far. Replies are prompt and for the most part helpful and courteous (there are always a few @&$&@& on ever site). GREAT site!!!! Thanks....

#2,624 · (Edited)
Hey guys. After a year of some due diligence, I've acquired my very first two bimmers: a 2001 titanium silver e46 330ci and a 2000 carbon black e39 M5! Thrilled to be a part of all this and look forward to learning all about these great cars.

Attachments

#2,625 · (Edited)
Attention all new members

Hi guys -
- I'm a new member ;)
I have recently purchased a 1995 E34 525i
At the moment the only real problem I feel to mention is the revs while driving sit on about 2000 witch feels a bit strange I think it should be lower then that right ? Also one other thing my keys don't always unlock the car when I use the unlock button.. And the alarm goes off when I manually use the key if the button has not worked,
Thinking about buying the United Auto Security system they look nice
Thanks Ben.

#2,626 ·

Hello all! I've been lurking here researching different bummers for awhile now, so I thought I'd join. My wife has decided she wants a 4 door automatic bimmer to replace our 2013 Chrysler 200, while i'm looking to get myself something with a manual! Look forward to being a part of the forum.

#2,628 ·
Hello all! I've been lurking here researching different bummers for awhile now, so I thought I'd join. My wife has decided she wants a 4 door automatic bimmer to replace our 2013 Chrysler 200, while i'm looking to get myself something with a manual! Look forward to being a part of the forum.
See those 2 shiny silver things? Those are shift paddles. Find a 335 or M3 with those and you both win!

#2,627 ·
Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat...

Nothing up my sleeve...and...PRESTO!

ANOTHER MEMBER!

And now here's something you'll REALLY like;

Okay...I have a WAY overactive imagination...and deviant sense of humor. But I'm here because for my 40th Birthday in Jan, my partner bought me an '04 745i.

Yes it's 11yo, and has 160k on it...but that particular model/generation has always stood out as a prominent flagship car for BMW. It's that skinny, seemingly out of place taillight strip on the deck lid that sets it apart as the 7 Series.

When they first hit the scene...and living in Los Angeles, I do mean a large car modification and enthusiasts scene...I hated that car because of that taillight...

But for whatever reason...i had come to love that same taillight.

My everyday vehicle for the last 11 years is an '04 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate...that I fell hard over....and prior to this, I was the guy who got a new car every couple of years from boredom.

But my Navigator is...well, in my opinion the best looking model...other that the front bumper and side skirts which we changed to the '06 model because of the stylized and elegant look it had. Overtime we thought about getting a new SUV or Truck...we would be in the final stages of purchase...months of research, test driving, shopping a deal...and then I would back out due to my love of that Lincoln.

My other vehicle...and it was my gift on my 16th bday from my grandpa...was his '67 Chevrolet Camaro. Obviously not my daily driver, and now my Navi becomes power train for towing our boat, or the Harley's, but my coveted 745i is my daily baby.

We basically stole her...a friend who owns a body shop who kept this girl immaculate, sold it to us for $3,200...with a small door ding on the driver door, and little bigger ding on the passenger door, and foggy headlights...but other than this...immaculate.

Something about this car just screams elegance...with the soul of a sports car.

Of course, she's in the body shop getting a facelift for her second life to begin with a bang at her debutant ball...a sweet body kit to bring her into 2015, new headlights w/LED halos, fresh paint, blacked out windows, gun metal wheels, and a fat and a skinny stripe over the top passenger side on the vehicle in gun metal, and a gloss black grille.

I'm attaching the pics of they day I got it, and the mock up of the overhaul when finished.

The questions on my headlight option is what lead me here...and now after driving the ultimate driving machine...I agree...they really are.

Thank you everyone...will have many q's in the future!

David, Lake Balboa, CA

Attachments

#2,629 ·
Nothing up my sleeve...and...PRESTO!

ANOTHER MEMBER!

And now here's something you'll REALLY like;

Okay...I have a WAY overactive imagination...and deviant sense of humor. But I'm here because for my 40th Birthday in Jan, my partner bought me an '04 745i.

Yes it's 11yo, and has 160k on it...but that particular model/generation has always stood out as a prominent flagship car for BMW. It's that skinny, seemingly out of place taillight strip on the deck lid that sets it apart as the 7 Series.

When they first hit the scene...and living in Los Angeles, I do mean a large car modification and enthusiasts scene...I hated that car because of that taillight...

But for whatever reason...i had come to love that same taillight.

My everyday vehicle for the last 11 years is an '04 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate...that I fell hard over....and prior to this, I was the guy who got a new car every couple of years from boredom.

But my Navigator is...well, in my opinion the best looking model...other that the front bumper and side skirts which we changed to the '06 model because of the stylized and elegant look it had. Overtime we thought about getting a new SUV or Truck...we would be in the final stages of purchase...months of research, test driving, shopping a deal...and then I would back out due to my love of that Lincoln.

My other vehicle...and it was my gift on my 16th bday from my grandpa...was his '67 Chevrolet Camaro. Obviously not my daily driver, and now my Navi becomes power train for towing our boat, or the Harley's, but my coveted 745i is my daily baby.

We basically stole her...a friend who owns a body shop who kept this girl immaculate, sold it to us for $3,200...with a small door ding on the driver door, and little bigger ding on the passenger door, and foggy headlights...but other than this...immaculate.

Something about this car just screams elegance...with the soul of a sports car.

Of course, she's in the body shop getting a facelift for her second life to begin with a bang at her debutant ball...a sweet body kit to bring her into 2015, new headlights w/LED halos, fresh paint, blacked out windows, gun metal wheels, and a fat and a skinny stripe over the top passenger side on the vehicle in gun metal, and a gloss black grille.

I'm attaching the pics of they day I got it, and the mock up of the overhaul when finished.

The questions on my headlight option is what lead me here...and now after driving the ultimate driving machine...I agree...they really are.

Thank you everyone...will have many q's in the future!

David, Lake Balboa, CA
I've always liked the rear of those. :thumbup: