BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My Blog

16K views 144 replies 13 participants last post by  southern6er22 
#1 ·
I started a blog to create a central base for my reviews/posts, pictures, videos, etc. I'll still be posting here and on 6post, but I wanted to get it all linked to one place.

I know I need to get a life... :rofl:

http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/

#86 ·
Looks amazing (in my completely unbiased opinion ;) ). I'll keep my fingers crossed that they can work something out for you with the Canyon Brown - maybe like the magic and trickery XZLR8 figured out to get shadowline? I'd love to see some inside shots with the Cinnamon (or Cinnabon as you call it - I lol every time haha). I've yet to see a decent number of good inside pics with this interior - most of them are just the standard open the door and snap a general shot. Enjoy!

#87 ·
#89 ·
#92 ·
#93 ·
#96 ·
It's for Hill Descent Control. I've never used it with this car, but I used it at the PC on an X5, and it's a pretty cool feature. It's essentially cruise control for super steep hills. You press the button to activate the system, and the car goes down the hill at a speed just over a walking speed, about 7 mph, I believe. You can speed it up or slow it down using the cruise control buttons. I can't see it being all that useful with a 6er as a steep hill will do a number on the body kit given how low it sits. Maybe there's a snowy/icy application I'm unaware of, but it's essentially a tactile reference for me when I'm feeling for the parking sensor button.

The leather and stitching are worth every penny.

#101 · (Edited)
Funny you mention that. I was just thinking that I need to find a steep hill to make a video. I'll try to do that, but in the meantime I'll post a video from the course at the PC where we used the feature in the X5.

When you say "engine sounds," do you mean with HDC active or during driving?

#102 ·
#108 ·
#110 ·
I'd do the same thing + B&O. Given the changes for 2013, it would pretty much be the same features as I have plus shadowline, soft-close, ventilated seats, and sun shade. The last three are part of the Executive Package, which is a must since it includes the Nappa Dash, contrast stitching, ceramic controls, HUD, and soft-close. I can't see too many of these being built without this package.

Because I'm a masochist I had to build my car on the BYO site, and it came out about $1500 more than my MSRP but included soft-close, shadowline, vent. seats, and, obviously, the engine upgrade to 450 hp.

The B&O is the only thing I really wish I would have added, and, in hindsight, I'd add the Driver Assistance Package for the top-view cameras (the only component of that package I've ever really desired due to poor visibility).

So, to answer your question, my 2013 build would be:

Comparable Build:
M Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels
Lighting Package (Full LEDs)
Executive Package
Cold Weather Package
Adaptive Drive
*B&O (skipped this, and the regret is killing me :) )

Ideal Build:
Same as above plus...
Citrin Black Individual Paint
Opal/Black Merino Leather Interior
Piano Black Trim
Driver Assistance Package
At this point I'd just have to throw an extra $15k into it and supersize it to an M6 :D

#112 ·
Hey Southey

Me too.....I agree with you on the Fulll Leather Merino on your ideal build. I think I'm going to Love That contrast pipping, stitching and color choices only found with Merino. :D:D

#111 ·
#116 ·
The new 2013 550i owners are not sure of the engine's hp.
It's the same as the 2012. There is FUD only because the 650 rec'd the new engine. The 2013 550 is not scheduled to receive it.

I get the feeling some people feel if they discuss it enough it may magically appear in the 2013's, but it ain't gonna happen.

#118 ·
BMW often has engine overlap. I can remember one of my 5's having an updated V8 about a year before the X5 finally rec'd the same engine. It happens.:dunno:

#119 · (Edited)
#121 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.