BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Considering a BMW

1K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Cyb3r H3x 
#1 ·
Hi, Guys and Gals.

The reason i come on to this forum is to do some research on bmw's i am considering purchasing a new used car in the coming months to a year. I currently have had my current car for close to 7 years and its getting up there in milidege and i feel its time to move on to something else, I am specifically looking at the 3 and 5 series Bimmers. I have also looked at older 7 series bimmers as well, Just trying to get a feel for maintence as well.

Sorry if i butchered some words its getting late, and its a last minute post up ha ha. Please also be aware BMW's aren't the only thing Iam looking at as well, I've been looking at Lexus's etc.

#3 ·
BMWs generally require substantially more TLC than most cars, and owning one that`s out of warranty can be a painful experience. Don`t say we didn`t warn you....:p

#5 ·
After careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion if i were to get a bimmer, it would probably be a 3-series, I've been looking at all lines 328 330 and obviously 335, I've been looking at the X's cause i prefer AWD considering i live in the north east, and I want manual.

Now the question is new or used. If used Id like to keep miles under the 60K mark, nothing more then that. id probably end up getting the extended warranty incase i run into issues down the road. Another key issue would be insurance I am currently paying 215-220 a month right now just in insurance my vehicle is paid off and as stated I've had my current vehicle for close to 8 years.

What would you guys recommend I have though about leasing but not totally sure cause id like to keep my payments within the range of my car insurance. so maximum is 300 a month.

Hopefully this is enough info for you guys to work with and to see where I am going with this ha ha.

#6 ·
After careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion if i were to get a bimmer, it would probably be a 3-series, I've been looking at all lines 328 330 and obviously 335, I've been looking at the X's cause i prefer AWD considering i live in the north east, and I want manual.

Now the question is new or used. If used Id like to keep miles under the 60K mark, nothing more then that. id probably end up getting the extended warranty incase i run into issues down the road. Another key issue would be insurance I am currently paying 215-220 a month right now just in insurance my vehicle is paid off and as stated I've had my current vehicle for close to 8 years.

What would you guys recommend I have though about leasing but not totally sure cause id like to keep my payments within the range of my car insurance. so maximum is 300 a month.

Hopefully this is enough info for you guys to work with and to see where I am going with this ha ha.
Unless you do all your own work, you`d better figure around $1500 to $2,000 a year for maintainance & repairs. As far as the RWD vs. AWD issue goes, a RWD 3-Series (especially a stick) with a GOOD set of snow tires will generally outperform an Xi with All-season tires.(Cheaper, lighter, less complex, and more fun as well)
Overall, I think you`re budgeting way too low for what you want....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.