BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My F30 Wrapped in 3M Matte red

26K views 73 replies 42 participants last post by  Bratters123 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I previously added some stripes and got some accents wrapped but now I went in a totally different way and got my car fully wrapped. I still ned to get my wheels powder coated so that my red and black Bimmer is ready.

Big shout out to Rolotech car wraps for the amazing job performed on my car. If you guys ever need to wrap something on your car, please dont doubt calling these guys 714-782-7149 or email them info@rolotech.net

Here are some pics they took of my ride.

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks great. I am very fond of matte colors and wish they were offered as a choice so we could go with something other then a metallic.

#8 ·
Holy crap that looks good! How's the finish up close? I mean, can you tell it's a wrap or is the fit and finish good enough that it resembles a matte finish paint job?

#9 ·
Superb work! Looks fantastic!

#18 ·
Wow! That looks great.:thumbup: I love the matte color, and the black roof and accents and red/black roundels are perfect. I would go with gloss black wheels.

anywhere that wraps advertisements on cars can do the vinyl wrap. I know there is a place called Beasly Wraps that does it here in Lexington.p

#14 ·
They cut the film on your car. I would have a problem that they most likely also cut into your finish on areas where they slipped. That's why clear bras are pre-cut so the film does not have to be trimmed on the car surface.

I saw wrapped cars at the Philly car show today. Most had surfaces full of scratches and swirls, and scratches in the flat colored surfaces. I would be careful when washing the car to make sure to use the 2 bucket method and use very clean microfiber towels to dry.

Did they say you could use a spray detailer to clean the car? I was wondering how to keep the surface looking good?

Your car does look good!

#55 · (Edited)
Just so you're aware, the pre-cut 3M Bras still do get trimmed, VERY VERY slightly though.

He came to my door and did it in my garage. He called and confirmed which model I had exactly because it was all pre-cut.

I watched the guy do it, he pulled it up and made minimal adjustments each time. No razor blade cut my car, Id have flipped... He was meticulous, the job was as close to perfect as a person could have done.

Chris

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#22 ·
Thanks for the complements. And for those that hate it, oh well...

Not going to do a white interior. The interior is already red with gloss black.

I love the original mineral white, but guys come on.... this is a giant sticker that can be removed any time so Don't stress out, plus it will protect the original paint.

#23 ·
It's your car, do what you want with it. I think it looks cool and like the fact that you can peel it and change it at will.

What I am not a fan of and simply can't get my head around is this fetish for black wheels. I don't get it. BMW makes some of the nicest wheels in the business and they work very hard on the level of chrome contrast along with the flame surfacing. So when you go matte it kills the flame surfacing and all its great color gradient and then you black out the wheels which kills the chrome contrast.

Why?

BJ

#36 ·
I wouldn't say vinyl wrap is anything like spinning rims. If you had spinning rims, people knew it because they could see them. Vinyl wrap might as well be paint. And It's not like everyone will do it matte or some crazy colour. Vinyl wrap is a way to make your car Black if you bought a white one.

I will definitely consider it with my car, if I ever get tired of the colour.

#42 ·
As far as the pricing goes: OP says he paid $2300, poster above paid $225.. $225 can't be right given that a good tint job costs between $200 and 400 :dunno:

BTW, I personally would never do this to my car. If I didn't want white - I would have gotten it in red to begin with..

#43 ·
As far as the pricing goes: OP says he paid $2300, poster above paid $225.. $225 can't be right given that a good tint job costs between $200 and 400 :dunno:

BTW, I personally would never do this to my car. If I didn't want white - I would have gotten it in red to begin with..
I think is a common sense type of thing. the more you wrap the more less you will pay.
If you just want the roof or a hood or fender I bet pricing is based in a single item.

What tint has to do with car wraps.... you don't get the point of why wrapping a car.

Read the whole thread before this statement "If I didn't want white - I would have gotten it in red to begin with" or :google: what a car wrap is.

#44 ·
Spoke to SpeedPro Imaging in NJ, their pricing seems in line with what the OP paid. I think the are considerable benefits of wrapping the car. Apart from the obvious different look (personally I LOVE the matte finish) you are preserving your paint. For those of us who are intending to keep their cars for a longer period of time this does matter. I wish I had done something similar for my current E90. I never protected the paint in any way and now after almost 6 years it has more than a few dents and scratches that are not so easy to remove. The hood is the worst - apparently it takes a lot of small rock and similar damage with normal use (but then I am above average - almost 150K miles on this car). Suppose I had the foil wrap on it - I would have taken it off last year and have a car that looks like new. It still drives like new too btw :)

If you hate the look or the idea in general - ok, we all have our preferences. To me there is something very appealing about the matte look. If I have the money I may do it! OP - thanks for the inspiration!

#48 ·
Xpel clear bra for me. Saved a couple rock chips in my M3 and 335i. Not to mention the lights would be way expensive to replace because of a rock hit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.