BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My F30 Wrapped in 3M Matte red

26K views 73 replies 42 participants last post by  Bratters123 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I previously added some stripes and got some accents wrapped but now I went in a totally different way and got my car fully wrapped. I still ned to get my wheels powder coated so that my red and black Bimmer is ready.

Big shout out to Rolotech car wraps for the amazing job performed on my car. If you guys ever need to wrap something on your car, please dont doubt calling these guys 714-782-7149 or email them info@rolotech.net

Here are some pics they took of my ride.

See less See more
#46 ·
Stupid? Naah, I think it's smart to think on those lines... there must be a provision for wrapped cars in the registration process.. OP, care to shed light on this one?.. this post is getting more and more interesting :)

#47 ·
OP, the matte red looks beautiful... the finish is a crimson red in color, right?

And, you need to change your tail lights.. they're killing the show... IMO... either make them brighter or darker..

I like the color coordination between the hood and the roundel .... though it hurts to see the roundel color being tweaked.. I'd have said defiled, had I not liked the matte red wrap..

#49 ·
Clear bras for me too on my Porsche and other cars I plan to keep.

One question that I have for the OP. At the car show, I saw numerous cars that were wrapped in the tuner section. Most had numerous scratches in the flat wrap. It looks like the wrap scratches easily. What do you do then, have that section of wrap replaced, or?

#69 ·
I got some wheels and H&R sport springs
Whoever owns that teal colored BMW in front of yours...also nice

I like it except that the racing stripe and the red roundel may have taken it over the top.

How is the wrap holding up?
BMW is starting to sell theirs with these racing strips. I was at one of the dealerships and you can get one of three types. Centered, off-center (like the OP), and then in the ///M tri-colors. I wasn't a fan of it in the shop, but I think the OP decided well for his ride. I think the OP should give BMW some pointers :)

#53 ·
I think it looks amazing.

To everyone that doesn't like it: Unless you paid for or are paying for the car, your opinion is irrelevant(;

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#60 ·
I had my previous car wrapped by them as well, A matte dark gray color. The car was wrapped for two years and then I removed te wrap. Of course I did a complete detail on it because of some left over glue from the vinyl, but overall nothing happens to the paint. Of course my paint was in pretty good condition before the wrap, so as long your paint is I'm good condition I guess demoing the vinyl shouldn't be an issue.

Hope this help answering your question.

#63 ·
I like it except that the racing stripe and the red roundel may have taken it over the top.

How is the wrap holding up?

#68 ·
That is totally awesome color! I would highly recommend this to someone with an older car that 1) too many chips, or 2) they want a change.

I while back I saw a hot M3 that had some custom accents. It was black, but with rust orange in certain spots, and one of them was on ONE of the spokes for each tire. It was subtle. So when you powder coat your rims, consider just giving that orange to one of the spokes?

#72 ·
That looks great! I love everything; the wheels, the wrap, and the roof. It looks so mean in that second shot from the front. Well done. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.