BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

330xi starts then dies 2 seconds later

790 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  baronvonbadguy3 
#1 ·
I initially checked the eccentric cam shaft, here is what it looks like.

https://imgur.com/a/tcES7

There is oil in it and on the plug, so that means I should replace this part with one of the guides online?

To recap my last post (on another site), basically the car had been shifting kinda weird and losing a bit of power when shifting, automatic, and sometimes the RPMs would bounce around like it was misfiring. Nothing insane but very noticeable. After parking at a store and trying to leave this is what happened, plug in key, try to start car, it starts just fine but after 2 seconds ish it just dies when the revs start lowering and stabilizing at idle. After trying to start it a few more times and waiting I got a low oil pressure warning for like a split second that didn't come back. At that point I had it towed home and here I am. I did also get a temp ses error related to the intake or something a month ago that went away after a day on its own with nothing happening at the time and it hasnt come back.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Other ideas are to;

Check for vacuum leaks, not sure how to do that without getting the engine running.
Clean/swap VANOS solenoids.
Clean MAF sensor.
Investigate more into O2 sensor issues._a_

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.