Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Old 06-03-2005, 03:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330CiC, 1991 325iA
Cabrio Custom Paint Colour/Auto Trans

Hi,

I was wondering if Mini offers anything similar to BMW Individual as far as being able to order custom paint colours for the exterior. We're looking at a Cooper S Cabrio for our daughter and she'd quite like something in purple or pink. Does anyone have a Black Eye Purple car or have seen one? On the website it looks quite blue; is this how it appears normally? Or does it show more purple in real life?

Also, has anyone got any comments on the Cooper S Cabrio with the automatic transmission?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Chris

2004 BMW 330CiC 6-speed, Alpine White, Sand Montana Leather, Myrtle Wood, SP, PDC (His)
2005 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE Chawton White, Sand Lux Interior Pack, Burl Walnut, Heated Accessories Pack (Hers)
1991 BMW 325iA 4-dr, Sterling Silver, Light Grey cloth, manual sunroof, LSD, heated seats, rear headrests (The beginning of it all)
Ads by Google
Old 12-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Something German
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325driver
Hi,

I was wondering if Mini offers anything similar to BMW Individual as far as being able to order custom paint colours for the exterior. We're looking at a Cooper S Cabrio for our daughter and she'd quite like something in purple or pink. Does anyone have a Black Eye Purple car or have seen one? On the website it looks quite blue; is this how it appears normally? Or does it show more purple in real life?

Also, has anyone got any comments on the Cooper S Cabrio with the automatic transmission?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Chris

It depends on the light, sometimes looks blue, sometimes black, sometimes purple. Here are a few more shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackeye1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	64591   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackeye2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	64592   Click image for larger version

Name:	PvsB%204.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	64593  

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
E30 M3 Sold, E36 Sold, E46 Sold, E90 Sold
Old 12-29-2005, 06:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 991 Carrera
I believe the purple color has been discontinued as well as a few others as production winds down on the first generation MINI. MINI does not offer individual programs, nor can you order any "regular" color at additional cost as you can with a North American BMW. The auto offered in the MCS is just a warmed over Steptronic with paddle shifters. I encourage you to at least consider the manual. It is so much more in character with the car, and has got to be the easiest manual in autodom to learn on. I put my 17 year old cycling teammate behind the wheel of my MINI, he'd only driven any manual on two other occasions. He backed it out of a parking spot on an incline, then drove us 50 miles home without a stall or mis-shift. He says it was very "intuitive."
Old 12-29-2005, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbscott
I believe the purple color has been discontinued as well as a few others as production winds down on the first generation MINI. MINI does not offer individual programs, nor can you order any "regular" color at additional cost as you can with a North American BMW. The auto offered in the MCS is just a warmed over Steptronic with paddle shifters. I encourage you to at least consider the manual. It is so much more in character with the car, and has got to be the easiest manual in autodom to learn on. I put my 17 year old cycling teammate behind the wheel of my MINI, he'd only driven any manual on two other occasions. He backed it out of a parking spot on an incline, then drove us 50 miles home without a stall or mis-shift. He says it was very "intuitive."
The purple color is listed for 06 its called Purple Haze, but its not a real purple purple color.

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
Old 12-29-2005, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek
The purple color is listed for 06 its called Purple Haze, but its not a real purple purple color.
Purple Haze, Liquid Yellow, and Solar Red have been discontinued. Probably starting to limit less popular options as the factory begins gearing up for the new model change later next year.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Purple Haze, Liquid Yellow, and Solar Red have been discontinued. Probably starting to limit less popular options as the factory begins gearing up for the new model change later next year.
Hmm I will have to talk to my dealer then because I was going to order a purple haze one and they said no problem

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
Old 12-29-2005, 12:42 PM

Per Motoringfile.com, those colors are available through April production so you can still get it if you don't wait too long. Currently Space Cloth interior is also unavailable due to a supplier problem.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Per Motoringfile.com, those colors are available through April production so you can still get it if you don't wait too long. Currently Space Cloth interior is also unavailable due to a supplier problem.

Thanks!

I will definitely have to get it now it will be rare

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
Old 01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Longing for my bimmer...

Mein Auto: '05 MCS
I have an '05 MCS in Purple Haze - get many compliments! I love her!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi-SteelGray
I have an '05 MCS in Purple Haze - get many compliments! I love her!
Can I see some pics?

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
Old 01-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Longing for my bimmer...

Mein Auto: '05 MCS
Lots of snow here in western ny - got my digi after the snow came, if it clears, I'll snap a few! I caught them before they drilled for the front plate, have 20% tint, looks like a little gangster car! In the spring I hope to get an exhaust, a 15% pulley for the super charger, and a chip, with the power-to-weight ratio she will kick the **** out of an M3!