Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-03-2005, 03:43 PM
bmw325driver bmw325driver is offline
Registered User
Location: BC Canada/United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 2004 330CiC, 1991 325iA
Cabrio Custom Paint Colour/Auto Trans

Hi,

I was wondering if Mini offers anything similar to BMW Individual as far as being able to order custom paint colours for the exterior. We're looking at a Cooper S Cabrio for our daughter and she'd quite like something in purple or pink. Does anyone have a Black Eye Purple car or have seen one? On the website it looks quite blue; is this how it appears normally? Or does it show more purple in real life?

Also, has anyone got any comments on the Cooper S Cabrio with the automatic transmission?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Chris
__________________

2004 BMW 330CiC 6-speed, Alpine White, Sand Montana Leather, Myrtle Wood, SP, PDC (His)
2005 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE Chawton White, Sand Lux Interior Pack, Burl Walnut, Heated Accessories Pack (Hers)
1991 BMW 325iA 4-dr, Sterling Silver, Light Grey cloth, manual sunroof, LSD, heated seats, rear headrests (The beginning of it all)
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 12-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Staszek Staszek is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Princeton, NJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 404
Mein Auto: Something German
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325driver
Hi,

I was wondering if Mini offers anything similar to BMW Individual as far as being able to order custom paint colours for the exterior. We're looking at a Cooper S Cabrio for our daughter and she'd quite like something in purple or pink. Does anyone have a Black Eye Purple car or have seen one? On the website it looks quite blue; is this how it appears normally? Or does it show more purple in real life?

Also, has anyone got any comments on the Cooper S Cabrio with the automatic transmission?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Chris

It depends on the light, sometimes looks blue, sometimes black, sometimes purple. Here are a few more shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackeye1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	64591   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackeye2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	64592   Click image for larger version

Name:	PvsB%204.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	64593  
__________________

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
E30 M3 Sold, E36 Sold, E46 Sold, E90 Sold
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-29-2005, 06:10 AM
mtbscott's Avatar
mtbscott mtbscott is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,128
Mein Auto: 2012 991 Carrera
I believe the purple color has been discontinued as well as a few others as production winds down on the first generation MINI. MINI does not offer individual programs, nor can you order any "regular" color at additional cost as you can with a North American BMW. The auto offered in the MCS is just a warmed over Steptronic with paddle shifters. I encourage you to at least consider the manual. It is so much more in character with the car, and has got to be the easiest manual in autodom to learn on. I put my 17 year old cycling teammate behind the wheel of my MINI, he'd only driven any manual on two other occasions. He backed it out of a parking spot on an incline, then drove us 50 miles home without a stall or mis-shift. He says it was very "intuitive."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Staszek Staszek is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Princeton, NJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 404
Mein Auto: Something German
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbscott
I believe the purple color has been discontinued as well as a few others as production winds down on the first generation MINI. MINI does not offer individual programs, nor can you order any "regular" color at additional cost as you can with a North American BMW. The auto offered in the MCS is just a warmed over Steptronic with paddle shifters. I encourage you to at least consider the manual. It is so much more in character with the car, and has got to be the easiest manual in autodom to learn on. I put my 17 year old cycling teammate behind the wheel of my MINI, he'd only driven any manual on two other occasions. He backed it out of a parking spot on an incline, then drove us 50 miles home without a stall or mis-shift. He says it was very "intuitive."
The purple color is listed for 06 its called Purple Haze, but its not a real purple purple color.
__________________

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
E30 M3 Sold, E36 Sold, E46 Sold, E90 Sold
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-29-2005, 11:30 AM
mtbscott's Avatar
mtbscott mtbscott is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,128
Mein Auto: 2012 991 Carrera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek
The purple color is listed for 06 its called Purple Haze, but its not a real purple purple color.
Purple Haze, Liquid Yellow, and Solar Red have been discontinued. Probably starting to limit less popular options as the factory begins gearing up for the new model change later next year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Staszek Staszek is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Princeton, NJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 404
Mein Auto: Something German
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbscott
Purple Haze, Liquid Yellow, and Solar Red have been discontinued. Probably starting to limit less popular options as the factory begins gearing up for the new model change later next year.
Hmm I will have to talk to my dealer then because I was going to order a purple haze one and they said no problem
__________________

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
E30 M3 Sold, E36 Sold, E46 Sold, E90 Sold
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-29-2005, 12:42 PM
mtbscott's Avatar
mtbscott mtbscott is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,128
Mein Auto: 2012 991 Carrera
Per Motoringfile.com, those colors are available through April production so you can still get it if you don't wait too long. Currently Space Cloth interior is also unavailable due to a supplier problem.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Staszek Staszek is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Princeton, NJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 404
Mein Auto: Something German
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbscott
Per Motoringfile.com, those colors are available through April production so you can still get it if you don't wait too long. Currently Space Cloth interior is also unavailable due to a supplier problem.

Thanks!

I will definitely have to get it now it will be rare
__________________

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
E30 M3 Sold, E36 Sold, E46 Sold, E90 Sold
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
325xi-SteelGray's Avatar
325xi-SteelGray 325xi-SteelGray is offline
Longing for my bimmer...
Location: Rochester, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 319
Mein Auto: '05 MCS
I have an '05 MCS in Purple Haze - get many compliments! I love her!
__________________
Previous life: Gone but never forgotten - '01 325xi - Steel Gray, '01 330ci - Tiag Silver
Currently loving life with: '05 Mini S - Purple Haze, '91 Honda CBR 600 F2 - Dropped 3" in the rear, 2" in the front
"Life's too short to be a passenger!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Staszek Staszek is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Princeton, NJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 404
Mein Auto: Something German
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi-SteelGray
I have an '05 MCS in Purple Haze - get many compliments! I love her!
Can I see some pics?
__________________

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
E30 M3 Sold, E36 Sold, E46 Sold, E90 Sold
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-06-2006, 08:20 PM
325xi-SteelGray's Avatar
325xi-SteelGray 325xi-SteelGray is offline
Longing for my bimmer...
Location: Rochester, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 319
Mein Auto: '05 MCS
Lots of snow here in western ny - got my digi after the snow came, if it clears, I'll snap a few! I caught them before they drilled for the front plate, have 20% tint, looks like a little gangster car! In the spring I hope to get an exhaust, a 15% pulley for the super charger, and a chip, with the power-to-weight ratio she will kick the **** out of an M3!
__________________
Previous life: Gone but never forgotten - '01 325xi - Steel Gray, '01 330ci - Tiag Silver
Currently loving life with: '05 Mini S - Purple Haze, '91 Honda CBR 600 F2 - Dropped 3" in the rear, 2" in the front
"Life's too short to be a passenger!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CMA Newsletter 17 (Great read on German Paint) GSR13 The Detail Department 21 12-04-2003 08:12 PM
Paint on paint Mathew General BMW 3 12-01-2002 05:35 PM
Custom Paint Options lib 3 Series / 4 Series 6 08-31-2002 06:57 PM
Auto Paint Questions... Karl General BMW 10 07-30-2002 08:33 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms