Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions

Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions
Please post your comments, ideas, or suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Living on the redline

Mein Auto: a BMW killer
WTF?! Where's the post EDIT button?

that was the best feature on this site

edit: well I see it on this post, did it change to a time out system or something?

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why it's called the present

Advertisement
Old 06-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: '13 E92 M3, '01 E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamM3
being able to edit, and there are times when a deletion is in order, I'd rather see a limitation on mass deletions if that's the issue
Tim or Mark will elaborate further, but we have had an issue with deletions for a while now. There has been a lot of good information posted on the Fest, and the short of it all is that it has become evident that members have abused the Delete functionality, and we cannot let that continue. As usual, if the admins find a better way to handle this, it will be implemented. However, we're working within the confines of the vBulletin system, and there is currently no way to handle/moderate deletion rates, deletion disabling by age of post, etc.

Deletion can still be done by a moderator (simply click on the Report a Post icon ). Additionally, there is a grace period where you can go back and edit a post.

Last edited by alee; 06-03-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
As Alee explained the edit feature was limited to a set amount of time and post deletion was turned off. This was done because of a growing problem with post edits and deleted done maliciously.

I apologies for the lack of notification, thank you for your understanding.

Tim

*** All other threads in this post have been removed so that there is a clear picture of the question by Team M3 and the answer ***
Closed Thread