Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 07-30-2002, 06:51 PM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

Mein Auto: 2010 S4, 2004 X3 2.5i
Where is Jon Shafer's new BMW picture gallery?

He used to have an gallery of pictures he took at http://www.cuttermotors.com/jon_shafer/ but it's gone. I remember he said something about losing the old gallery, but is the new one up?

Anyone have the link? I'm trying to show my wife some of the available options and colors for the E46...
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2002, 06:58 PM
I like cookies.

Mein Auto: 328Ci
He lost all his pics...

what do you want to see? I'm sure that someone here can dig them up for you
Old 07-30-2002, 07:16 PM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

Right now I'm creating a photo gallery with the possible choices for our soon-to-be 325i. I'm missing:

-base 4-spoke steering wheel in black (new style with buttons)
-a good shot of a steel blue 325i sport package with the 2002+ 17" wheels (the style # escapes me...sorry )
-a good shot of a steel gray 325i equipped the same way
-steel gray and steel blue 325i pics with the base 16" wheels

Anyone have any contributions?

Our time table has been moved up...details to come.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:21 PM
I like cookies.

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilH
Right now I'm creating a photo gallery with the possible choices for our soon-to-be 325i. I'm missing:

-base 4-spoke steering wheel in black (new style with buttons)
-a good shot of a steel blue 325i sport package with the 2002+ 17" wheels (the style # escapes me...sorry )
-a good shot of a steel gray 325i equipped the same way
-steel gray and steel blue 325i pics with the base 16" wheels

Steel Blue

Steel Gray

Maybe helpful
Old 07-30-2002, 07:44 PM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

The steering wheel pic is going in the gallery, thanks!

bmwusa.com sucks when it comes to giving you good pictures. Even worse, the big glossy printed brochure has a whole bunch of pictures of the same car! Although it isn't bad, gray green isn't on the short list.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:33 PM
I like cookies.

Quote:
The steering wheel pic is going in the gallery, thanks!

bmwusa.com sucks when it comes to giving you good pictures. Even worse, the big glossy printed brochure has a whole bunch of pictures of the same car! Although it isn't bad, gray green isn't on the short list.
Put your name down on one of these

Old 07-30-2002, 09:13 PM
Vegan, not Romulan

Send a message via ICQ to Pete Teoh Send a message via AIM to Pete Teoh Send a message via MSN to Pete Teoh Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Teoh
Mein Auto: ****
Quote:

I can contribute to one of those requests...

Old 07-30-2002, 11:24 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Re: Where is Jon Shafer's new BMW picture gallery?

Quote:
He used to have an gallery of pictures he took at http://www.cuttermotors.com/jon_shafer/ but it's gone. I remember he said something about losing the old gallery, but is the new one up?

Anyone have the link? I'm trying to show my wife some of the available options and colors for the E46...
Phil,

Fortunately I have many or most of the pics on my hard drive here at home. The hard part is finding enough time to recompile and categorize them in a systematic, logical manner for presentation. I started to do so with E39 pics, and got side-tracked when I got to E46's...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 07-31-2002, 07:44 AM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

Thanks all.

The preliminary decision is: 325i Steptronic SP PP Steel Gray. We both like Steel Blue better, but we're thinking of going with the gray to make the car blend a little better with traffic. Since it's "her car", I'm really trying to allow my wife to choose some options (besides the damn step), so I think she should have the final say on the color.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Thanks all.

The preliminary decision is: 325i Steptronic SP PP Steel Gray. We both like Steel Blue better, but we're thinking of going with the gray to make the car blend a little better with traffic. Since it's "her car", I'm really trying to allow my wife to choose some options (besides the damn step), so I think she should have the final say on the color.
If you both like steel blue better get steel blue! Why not stand out a little bit? Steel Gray seems like it would be drab, especially in Philadelphia in the winter. I think steel blue would actually be a safer choice too because other cars will be able to see you better.

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:04 AM
The Original Dr. Phil

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Quote:
Originally posted by atyclb

If you both like steel blue better get steel blue! Why not stand out a little bit? Steel Gray seems like it would be drab, especially in Philadelphia in the winter. I think steel blue would actually be a safer choice too because other cars will be able to see you better.
I agree with you atyclb. Go with you first choice so as to not regret the selection later.

Grey Green is a classice color too But I like not seeing a lot of them on the road.

Plus keep in mind that Mike325xi has a steel gray car and is in the Philly area. Drab and he sort of run together in the same sentence
Old 07-31-2002, 08:10 AM
superwagon pilot

Send a message via Yahoo to Josh (PA)
Mein Auto: 99 M3c, 03 M5, 11 335
Quote:
Thanks all.

I'd say go with Steel Blue too. It isn't like Topaz or Electric Red that really stand out, it is still pretty low key. Get the color you like, I highly doubt the shading difference between steel blue and steel gray make you any more/less of a target, it is still a BMW in either case.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:17 AM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

I was actually seriously considering not getting the sport package so she wouldn't be driving around with those great looking alloys. I think I'm over that, but we may still compromise on the color.

Of course, for my 5-series I got some nice deep dish Style 32s.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: fu
Quote:
I was actually seriously considering not getting the sport package so she wouldn't be driving around with those great looking alloys. I think I'm over that, but we may still compromise on the color.

Of course, for my 5-series I got some nice deep dish Style 32s.
I rpomise, if you dont get the color you really want, the car will not me as special as it should, you will regret it, and as someone said, dark grey in winter is drab. perfect description.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:30 AM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

Quote:
Originally posted by dredmo
I rpomise, if you dont get the color you really want, the car will not me as special as it should
That's true, and maybe that's sort of the way I want it to be. Although I commute in with my wife and will be driving this car nearly every day, it's her car, and the first new BMW I'm going to buy. If I get my dream car and she goes out to every mall in the area and gets it dinged, scratched, curbed or otherwise marred, I'm going to be a little too neurotic about it. At least the step is guaranteed to put some distance between me and her car...

Dunno, but I may just have a few more days of enjoying the decision making process.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:47 AM
Brilliant!

Mein Auto: 2001 325xi StahlcGrau
Yeah…it's a shame that Steel Grey is such a dull color, especially in winter when all the other colors look so vibrant. Get the color you want or you will be disappointed, but SG is far from dull.

Here are a few bandwidth wasting pics of the dull Steel Grey in all of the seasons.

"It's a very sobering feeling to be up in space and realize that one's safety factor was determined by the lowest bidder on a government contract."
-- Alan Shepard

Last edited by Mike 325xi; 07-31-2002 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:05 AM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally posted by atyclb

...Steel Gray seems like it would be drab, especially...
Sheeesh!

Steel Grey is about the closest thing to a quick sure sell that I can order these days...

Forget the fact that I drive one too...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p6120013.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	2428  

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 07-31-2002, 09:08 AM

Mein Auto: fu
Quote:

That's true, and maybe that's sort of the way I want it to be. Although I commute in with my wife and will be driving this car nearly every day, it's her car, and the first new BMW I'm going to buy. If I get my dream car and she goes out to every mall in the area and gets it dinged, scratched, curbed or otherwise marred, I'm going to be a little too neurotic about it. At least the step is guaranteed to put some distance between me and her car...

Dunno, but I may just have a few more days of enjoying the decision making process.
That is a good point, plus if topaz is the color you really want, and your buying a 5er soon, then I really understand. good luck either way
Old 07-31-2002, 09:48 AM
The Original Dr. Phil

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike 325xi
Yeah…it's a shame that Steel Grey is such a dull color, especially in winter when all the other colors look so vibrant. Get the color you want or you will be disappointed, but SG is far from dull.

Here are a few bandwidth wasting pics of the dull Steel Grey in all of the seasons.

Mike I remember this being one of the first pics I checked out when I was getting ready to order. I originally was going to get a sedan (the Mrs. helped on the touring decision). I had even thought of steel grey when I saw them. I think you posted them as first day pics

Oh and the snow pic is still a classic

*ok end of being nice to Mike*
Old 07-31-2002, 09:53 AM
Brilliant!

Mein Auto: 2001 325xi StahlcGrau
Quote:
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Mike I remember this being one of the first pics I checked out when I was getting ready to order. I originally was going to get a sedan (the Mrs. helped on the touring decision). I had even thought of steel grey when I saw them. I think you posted them as first day pics

Oh and the snow pic is still a classic

*ok end of being nice to Mike*
Good memory Phil...that was about an hour after I picked it up 12/12/2000

"It's a very sobering feeling to be up in space and realize that one's safety factor was determined by the lowest bidder on a government contract."
-- Alan Shepard
Old 08-01-2002, 11:55 AM
Bimmer Gal

Mein Auto: '03 Electric Red 330Ci
I love the cloth interior that you can see in the pic that Nate posted. I remember that someone in the forum ordered their BMW with the cloth interior, but I believe his was black. I just love that gray cloth! I might have to check into ordering my '03 325Ci with it. I had pretty much decided on electric red with sand 'ette interior, but I might have to switch to topaz with gray cloth. I used to have a '99 silver 323i with gray leather, but I thought I would save myself $1500 this time and skip the leather.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto:
Alisa, stick with the electric red!!! you will love it..

actually, my old A6 was almost the same red color
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elec3.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	2440