Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-09-2005, 08:42 AM

Mein Auto: Audi A4
A few questions about Wagons

I am new but looking forward to either a new e90 sedan or a wagon. I had a few questions for those in the know about wagons.

Is there more headroom and legroom for the back seat passengers ? Will the weight distribution be much worse in the wagon ? Will resale for the wagon be significantly worse for the wagon ? These will help me decide - love the sedan but having four kids makes me think about a larger car.
Ads by Google
Old 06-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acela
I am new but looking forward to either a new e90 sedan or a wagon. I had a few questions for those in the know about wagons.

Is there more headroom and legroom for the back seat passengers ? Will the weight distribution be much worse in the wagon ? Will resale for the wagon be significantly worse for the wagon ? These will help me decide - love the sedan but having four kids makes me think about a larger car.
I don't think anyone has specs yet for the wagon. I'd expect all passenger dimensions to be identical to the sedan except maybe for rear seat headroom. Weight distribution front/rear won't be worse (maybe better), but I'd expect a slightly higher CG (because of extra glass and metal), but not enough that you'd notice even in back-to-back drives. I'm considering a e90 wagon to supplement my 330Ci in a few years, although will probably get a used E46 or E39 wagon instead just for cost reasons.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 06-09-2005, 09:26 AM
doh!!!

Mein Auto: 08 E90 M3 sold->M2 comp
yeah the weight balanance is more towards the rear and higher up because of the glass. Also i thought at least for the e46 wagon there was more rear leg room, they pushed the seats a bit back for the wagon

average american doesnt like wagons so resale might be worst or at least tougher to sell.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Mein Auto: 535d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acela

There is little difference (if any) in weight distribution or performance between the sedan and wagon. I would guess that the resale might be different, but I wouldn't say significantly. Not to mention that wagons are starting a come back. Unfortunately, they are only offering the wagons in the xi version. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

I actuallly prefer the look of the wagon to the sedan.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i E90 on the way
There is more weight in the rear 48+/51+. But doesn't it boil down to slightly better handling than the sedan?

Last edited by 1bmwe90; 06-09-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:44 PM
doh!!!

Mein Auto: 08 E90 M3 sold->M2 comp
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmwe90
There is more weight in the rear 48+/51+. But doesn't it boil down to slightly better handling than the sedan?
if the extra weight was low I would say yes but since it is higher up (i.e. glass) I would say it is more of a wash. The extra weight in the rear helps for auto-x since it makes it easier to rotate the reatr. For the track I am not sure there is much difference since I have never driven a sedan on the track to compare. THe wagon was understeering plenty at vegas for me but my car is stock suspension so that is expected.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto: E36 M3 Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsqbm
I'd expect all passenger dimensions to be identical to the sedan except maybe for rear seat headroom.
This would be nice for taller individuals. I spent some time today at a dealer checking out the E90 and E60. I'm 6'1" and after adjusting the driver's seat to where I would use it, and climbing into the back seat, I noticed that although the E90 had plenty of legroom for me, it was lacking in headroom. I had to tilt my head forward just a bit so that it didn't touch the roof of the car. FWIW, I don't remember this sensation on the E46 330i I used to own, but I will add that the E90 has noticeably more legroom than the E46. The E60, OTOH, had plenty of headroom (and legroom) for me and felt considerably more spacious inside. The dealer just got their first E61s as well - nice car and my preference for our next family hauler!

Last edited by platypus; 06-09-2005 at 09:28 PM.