Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:08 AM
M Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 645Ci
Will M6 wheels fit on a 645?

Can't really figure out what "ET" means so here goes...

Regular 645 19" - 8,5 x 19 Front / ET 14 - 9 x 19 Rear - ET 18

M6 wheels - 8,5 x 19 Front / ET 12 - 9,5 x 19 Rear / ET 17

Do you think they'll fit? Or what is ET (offset) anyway?

Ads by Google
Old 07-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriciU

Looks like u never got an answer (at least not here)

Offset measured in mm (millimeters). They may fir ok but as you can see in the explaination below the M6 wheel is wider so ther should be more offset to compensate. However, unless u hit the brake disk I cannot see a problem on the outside (hitting the wheel arch).

This is from tirerack.com. Go there and they have great detail on all wheel parameters with pics.

"The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types.

Zero Offset
The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive
The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative
The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this won't work correctly. We have test fitted thousands of different vehicles for proper fitment. Our extensive database allows our sales staff to offer you the perfect fit for your vehicle."

I do like 5 spoke wheel as well but I like deep dish as well. However, I am keeping the ellipsoids for now as they are just so easy to clean and they have grown on me since I got the car.

Good luck with whtever ur choice.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:51 PM
M Enthusiast

Tkz for the info. I think i'm gonna keep the ellipsoids myself. I can use those 3k i'd pay for wheels for gas or something else.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645 Convertible
Quote:
Tkz for the info. I think i'm gonna keep the ellipsoids myself. I can use those 3k i'd pay for wheels for gas or something else.

No man, save for that charger you've been searching for

Did you look at the rims Hartge made for the 645? They are beautiful. Their exhaust looks cool too. Check it out:

http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050124/hartge-645ci.php

I plan to get those rims. I also like that front grill. I know most people think it's the ugliest thing they've seen, but I think it looks cool. However, I won't get it, not yet anyways.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
M Enthusiast

Don't like the Hartge wheels at all. They look to much like cheap wheels that seem to be made of some sort of plastic. I think they we're drunk when they designed that front grill. It's hideous What charger?

Last edited by AriciU; 07-28-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Don't like the Hartge wheels at all. They look to much like cheap wheels that seem to be made of some sort of plastic. I think they we're drunk when they designed that front grill. It's hideous What charger?
No way, man, I think the pictures probably don't do it justice.

Anyways, I think the ellipsoidal rims are perfect for the 645 in terms of looks. The reason is the body of the 645 has subtle lines and curves. There's no sharp and dominant features, it's a rather smooth flowing body and any 'spokey' wheels would look out of place. That's why I think the M6 rims look odd on the M6 body.

I just like the Hartge wheels, because of all the 'spokey' wheels, they look the best, in my opinion, of course.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:16 AM
M Enthusiast

What do you think about the Breyton Spirit wheels and Breyton bodykit for the 6er? Now that's the wheels i like the best for it. To bad i'd ruin them in 1 month if i'd put'em on

Old 07-29-2005, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 325i ZSP
Quote:

Don't really like the Hartge wheels either... but those M6 wheels on the other hand ....
Old 07-29-2005, 01:45 PM

Quote:
What do you think about the Breyton Spirit wheels and Breyton bodykit for the 6er? Now that's the wheels i like the best for it. To bad i'd ruin them in 1 month if i'd put'em on
You'd ruin them in 1 month? I'd ruin them in 3 weeks, with my flat tire luck. I don't like the rims that much. I think it would be perfect for you, Ariciu, if you had 30 pounds of gold chains around your neck, and you made a living writing gangsta rap music. Otherwise, every single rim I've seen for the 6 is too gaudy for a car that's subtle and classy looking... except for the ellipsoidal rims. It's unfortunate, especially when you really want to personalize your car.

The breyton spoiler, looks good. I also like Hamann's non-competition front spoiler. Schnitzer has a good one too, but Hamann, Breyton, Schnitzer... all look quite similar.

I think the Racing Dynamics front spoiler and rear apron looks the best, and just a bit different if you are going for exclusivity.

If you are really going for uniqueness, go with Hartge... it sure is unique. (Although I do like it.)

Oh, by the way, I'd go with the Schnitzer rear spoiler. Looks classy and subtle, which is what the 645 is.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:23 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 35is, X5 50i
Personally, if you want non-gaudy wheels I'd go with the Style 218 wheels. Definately, like the look of them on the 6.

I just wish they were wider. I'm trying to find what the style 101M's look like on the 6, but haven't seen any pictures yet. It has the extra width. Just not sure about the look.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryRudolph
Personally, if you want non-gaudy wheels I'd go with the Style 218 wheels. Definately, like the look of them on the 6.

I just wish they were wider. I'm trying to find what the style 101M's look like on the 6, but haven't seen any pictures yet. It has the extra width. Just not sure about the look.

You got links for that? Wanna check them out.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:25 PM
M Enthusiast

http://zoouz.free.fr/

You can view all BMW wheels over there. Don't like the 218's but the 101's are quite nice for a 7er. Dunno bout the 6.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:58 AM

Mein Auto:
I am a fan of the 101 as well, but have been spoiled by the easy clean of the ellipsoids. BMW shows them now as an accessory in 20” form while the Chapman site has them in 19” at a reasonable price. BMW lists them complete with tires at over $5k. That is ludicrous. Like you, have not seen them on a 6er yet. Have seen them in pics on a 5er - looked good. And as pointed out, look sharp on a 7. I think they would give the 6er a different look, more classic - maybe a good thing especially on my silver grey

http://bmwwheels.com/bmwwheels.asp
Old 07-31-2005, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobradav
I am a fan of the 101 as well, but have been spoiled by the easy clean of the ellipsoids. BMW shows them now as an accessory in 20” form while the Chapman site has them in 19” at a reasonable price. BMW lists them complete with tires at over $5k. That is ludicrous. Like you, have not seen them on a 6er yet. Have seen them in pics on a 5er - looked good. And as pointed out, look sharp on a 7. I think they would give the 6er a different look, more classic - maybe a good thing especially on my silver grey
Do you remember the link to them on a 5 series? Might give a good idea how it would look on the 6. Although, the price is a little insane for them. You can get custom made wheels for that price.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:15 AM

BTW, according to the Hartge website the Classic 2 wheels require spacers and rolling of the fenders. Not big on that idea.

Is that a result of brake clearance, or just plain fitment?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:40 PM

Mein Auto: a steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriciU View Post

Not sure if they will fit, but I recently got the word from my BMW Dealer that my M6 should be here in Mid November. I'll be selling the BRAND NEW M6 OEM wheels/tires the day it arrives (new rims/tires are already at the dealership waiting to be swapped out) so anyone that is interested...make me an offer.

I am in the Long Beach, CA area.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR4CE1 View Post
Not sure if they will fit, but I recently got the word from my BMW Dealer that my M6 should be here in Mid November. I'll be selling the BRAND NEW M6 OEM wheels/tires the day it arrives (new rims/tires are already at the dealership waiting to be swapped out) so anyone that is interested...make me an offer.

I am in the Long Beach, CA area.
Has anyone else gotten this fellow's spam PM tonight? 1 post here and he thinks he's a regular, and he's PMing others in Southern California, selling stuff.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
Has anyone else gotten this fellow's spam PM tonight? 1 post here and he thinks he's a regular, and he's PMing others in Southern California, selling stuff.

Thank you for the warm welcome to the forum.

You might want to verify the facts before you openly accuse me of “PMing others in Southern California.” Actually, you were the only person that I “PM'd”, so I suppose it isn't Spam.

And yes, I just joined this forum tonight. This is my first BMW. What makes you assume that I think I am a "regular? Is there a rule that I can't post to the forums on my first day as a member? If so, I guess I didn’t see it.

All I said was that I had brand new OEM M6 wheels/tires for sale if anyone was interested in them since quite a few owners of 6 series cars want the M6 wheels.

SHEEEEESH, lighten up!!!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Thank you for the warm welcome to the forum.

You might want to verify the facts before you openly accuse me of “PMing others in Southern California.” Actually, you were the only person that I “PM'd”, so I suppose it isn't Spam.

And yes, I just joined this forum tonight. This is my first BMW. What makes you assume that I think I am a "regular? Is there a rule that I can't post to the forums on my first day as a member? If so, I guess I didn’t see it.

All I said was that I had brand new OEM M6 wheels/tires for sale if anyone was interested in them since quite a few owners of 6 series cars want the M6 wheels.

SHEEEEESH, lighten up!!!!!
Sir Spamalot.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
Sir Spamalot.

Give It UP!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:28 AM

Mein Auto: bmw
The wheels do fit, I had them on my 645 that I had recently turned in. It seams that Malibubimmer has some issue's after reading some of his replies to other topics.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:47 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m&aman View Post
The wheels do fit, I had them on my 645 that I had recently turned in. It seams that Malibubimmer has some issue's after reading some of his replies to other topics.

Of course the wheels will physically fit. But the M6 coupe's wheels have different offsets to the 645Ci/650i, and indeed the rear of the M6 convertible's offset is different to the rear of the M6 coupe's offset. Do you think these differences are random or intended by BMW? To ask if these wheels will fit is a naive question. There is more to it than "will it fit or not".

Last edited by 650iOzBoy; 11-12-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto:
Here is a pic or 2 from one of our members cars with the M6 wheels. NO issues. The variance in ET is not enough to make it a problem. Note that he is fine company with three of your Dragon Slayer Knights

And I never did respond to GaryRudolph request for link. Here it is:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=...md=si&img=3842
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0036small.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	91395   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0038small.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	91396  
Old 11-12-2006, 05:37 PM

Mein Auto: 645Cab
Yes it will fit perfectly. I am using it on my 645 vert.
I have even lowered it with ACS lowering springs with 10mm spacers to the rear wheel!
Have not experiance any rubbing.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:50 PM
AMV Roady

Mein Auto: F01
Quote:
What do you want for them? I'm always leary of people that say "make me an offer", especially when they don't even have what they're selling yet. You have to have a $ amount in mind.

Last edited by HGilmore; 11-12-2006 at 07:37 PM.