Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 08-02-2002, 05:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 99 M-Coupe
Racing Dynamics Sway bars available soon.

I have spoken directly with the president/owner of Racing Dynamics/Italy and RDSport, the current US distributor of Racing Dynamics. Frederico has told me that they will begin a production run of front and rear antiway bars for the Z3. These will fit both the M and the non-M. They will include bushing and also weld-on reinforcing tabs for the rear control arms (apparently the same as Dinan provides).

The dimensions will be 27mm front and 24mm rear. This is stiffer in the rear than other kits. Recent testing by RDSport at the track has shown that the previous 22mm prototype might not be stiff enough to counter the Z3's understeer with a 27mm bar up front.

Frederico told me that if they get 6 orders or more, they will begin production right away. If they don't, they will make them, but probably not for another month or so. Production itself takes about 2 weeks, plus shipping time.

I have posted a similar message to Roadfly.com's Z3 and Z3 Coupe boards. I believe that at least two other people have ordered. In addition, Eric of Supreme Power Parts has offerred free shipping for the first 10 orders through SPP. You may order them either directly from RD Sport at 877-RDSPORT or from SPP at 714-632-1951.

There is one other confusion that you might want to be aware of. There is another company in VA which makes products under the Racing Dynamics name. They are Electrodyne and are apparently the old US importer for Racing Dynamics. As far as I can tell, the two companies are unrelated. Electrodyne has promised to also make a sway bar, but I personally believe that the RDSport sway bar has more R&D behind it.

So, PLEASE ORDER SOON: I need orders to get my sway bars sooner!
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2002, 01:51 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
Faulty information

This post is full of faulty information. Racing Dynamics representative in North America is Racing Dynamics, Inc Alexandria Virginia. Racing Dynamics sway bars have always been made in the the USA by Racing Dynamics Inc. New sway bars are being developed on a continuous basis in partnership with Racing Dynamics Italy. They are in fact our largest customer of our sway bar kits.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:15 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
Uhoh, are we gonna have a Electrodyne vs Frederico debate here?

All I have to say is that while it performs well, my E46 rear bar hits every part that it runs past (subframe mount, exhaust, driveshaft, lower control arm, all stock, car not lowered) and is noisy as hell.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:36 PM
Past Sponsor

Fitment troubles ????

The E46 sway bar kit has been out in the market for sometime now, and we have had no complaints about fitment troubles of any sort.
If there is a problem, please contact our customer service department directly at 800/296-8850 ext 222.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:02 PM

Mein Auto: 01 Mc, 08 M3, Motorrad x2
Do not buy anything with the "Racing Dynamics" logo on it.

Only buy "RDSport".

The Electrodyne guys are cheap hacks.

14 S1000R | 09 F650GS | 08 E90 M3 | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe
Old 08-05-2002, 04:09 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
Quote:
Originally posted by JonM
Do not buy anything with the "Racing Dynamics" logo on it.

Only buy "RDSport".

The Electrodyne guys are cheap hacks.
That's the impression I got, too.

Lately it seems tough to figure out sometimes which stuff is from Frederico's RD and which are from Electrodyne. There are lots of products that are from Frederico but have RacingDynamics on them and not RDSport.

I wanna complain about my sways but have no idea if I should call RD here in SoCal or RD in VA.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Past Sponsor

You should call either company. I am sure someone can help you. Don't complain without at least asking for assistance. If you do not get a reply or the reply is unreasonable then complain. One of the problems with forums is that people with very little knowledge about the actual facts make false statements and others do not realize they are reading statements without factual basis.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:27 PM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally posted by racingdynamics
You should call either company. I am sure someone can help you. Don't complain without at least asking for assistance. If you do not get a reply or the reply is unreasonable then complain. One of the problems with forums is that people with very little knowledge about the actual facts make false statements and others do not realize they are reading statements without factual basis.
Where's hblair when we need him?

He'll straighten this out for sure.

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:56 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 99 M-Coupe
RD Sport v. Electrodyne

Since I posted the original message that, according to Electrodyne is "Full of faulty information", I would be most interested if there is anyone who both
1) actually knows the histrory for sure (facts, not opinions) and
2) isn't employed by or related to either company.

Man, this is confusing.

Anyhow, the gist of my message remains: RD Sport sway bars are going into productions. Please order soon.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:00 PM

Mein Auto: .
here's another story

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...&threadid=5729

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:10 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by atyclb
here's another story

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...&threadid=5729
Thanks for the link!!

great history lesson!!!