Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 06-20-2005, 06:20 PM

Mein Auto: Saab 9-5
European Delivery purchase agreement, need help fast!

Hi, I just received the European Purchase agreement and need to return it tomorrow. On the form the full ED price is specified, not the agreed price. I asked them about that and they said that that is how it works, and that the ED form and the actual purchase form are totally different. I don't feel very comfortable signing this document with a different price than agreed. But maybe this is how it needs to be written, just to be able to specify what has been ordered??

Please advise me!!

Thanks,
David
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2005, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: x5 3.0si
I never did ED, but I would NEVER, EVER sign anything that was not what we agreed on. I would at least make them sign another statement on the agreed price. On my purchase, I have two statements. One with the invoice price with all the options and a hand written statement (on a dealer form for this exact purpose) with all the options as well with the agreed price. The handwritten statement was signed by the manager. Just my 2 cents!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
I know you shouldn't cross post....maybe one of the mods could move this to the ED forum ? Or, you could PM Beewang (ED forum moderator).
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Old 06-20-2005, 08:24 PM

Mein Auto: 323ci
Ed

It has been about 5 years, but I don't remeber signing a full price agreement, only the negotiated price.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:50 PM

Mein Auto: '98 323is/'70 TR6 PI
I did ED last November (2004), and I never signed anything that didn't have my agreed upon price on it. I didn't even have to sign anything when I first put in the order. Only when I was actually paying for the car did I have to sign something, and it was for the price I had negotiated.

I would not recommend signing something with a different price on it. If they need you to sign something for a different purpose, then they can put your negotiated price on it AND give you a copy that they and you sign, even if they just write it in by hand.

In short, I think your instincts are correct. They might not intend to rip you off, but why should they ask you to risk it?
Old 06-20-2005, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto: Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by david330
Hi, I just received the European Purchase agreement and need to return it tomorrow. On the form the full ED price is specified, not the agreed price. I asked them about that and they said that that is how it works, and that the ED form and the actual purchase form are totally different. I don't feel very comfortable signing this document with a different price than agreed. But maybe this is how it needs to be written, just to be able to specify what has been ordered??

Please advise me!!

Thanks,
David
My agreement sheet only had the negotiated price on it.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2000 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by david330

Please advise me!!

Thanks,
David
What dealership and salesperson? Be sure to follow-up with the outcome. It's always educational.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328d M Sport
My ED Purchase Order (Blue and White form) had the full ED MSRP on it and the dealer said that's how it works. It's a purchase order.....not a lease or finance contract. My lease docs had the correct price that I negotiated. It's my second ED and it's worked out fine.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2000 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS330i
My ED Purchase Order (Blue and White form) had the full ED MSRP on it and the dealer said that's how it works. It's a purchase order.....not a lease or finance contract. My lease docs had the correct price that I negotiated. It's my second ED and it's worked out fine.
How would this work on a cash sale, though?
Old 06-21-2005, 08:49 AM
**** Yeah

Mein Auto: '04 330Ci
Quote:
same here, and my cash sale price was exactly what i negotiated... sign it, you'll be fine, like marcus says, it's a purchase order for the dealership to but through BMW.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Who did you do ED with? I'm curious as I plan to do ED in so cal...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325i
Good point. Marcus 330i did a lease, so what he said makes perfect sense. Who has experience doing an ED but not leasing. In other words, ED and buying the car (either cash or financed)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos
How would this work on a cash sale, though?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe
Good point. Marcus 330i did a lease, so what he said makes perfect sense. Who has experience doing an ED but not leasing. In other words, ED and buying the car (either cash or financed)?
I did, and the price was left as blank in mine. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But then, I'm a trusting type once I enter a deal.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 MB 335i Sedan
isn't it also the case you can refuse to take delivery later on if u find they swiped you? I remember that there was some consumer protection like that.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:12 PM

Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom
isn't it also the case you can refuse to take delivery later on if u find they swiped you? I remember that there was some consumer protection like that.
You pay like 15 days before you pick up your car in Munich so how can you refuse anything? You already have all your tickets and vacation planned.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:27 PM

Mein Auto: e46 M3
Quote:
Same here, and as I explained before, all options were NOT listed on my purchase order and its "how it works". This is just a sign-off from the dealer to the BMWNA-ED so they can keep your car in Munich and hand it over to you when you arrive.

M3 05 Imola/Black, ZCP, ZPP, SMG, Xenon, Nav, Heated, Lumbar, HK -- Euro Delivery Pictures
Old 06-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Lawyer turned Artist...

Mein Auto: 95M3/M3 ZCP/05 ALLROAD V8
My ED PO had the full MSRP written on it. Read the back of the PO before you sign it.
It's really that easy.

The lease contract that I signed however, had the terms we agreed to.
Not only that, the dealership forgot to add the ED money factor increment
and BMW FS rejected the contract, so it was rescinded, and a new one had to be drafted with the selling price adjusted once again (i.e. lowered...) to respect the terms or monthly payments we agreed upon. It all worked out fine.

The most important lesson I've learned in my ED: Have patience and do not panic.
Good luck.