BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

leather/leatherette ques....

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  E90_or_IS 
#1 ·
Hey guys...yah I know this has already been discussed a lot....but my question is not the feel of the material on the seats.

My question is that if i do NOT take the leather option, is the gearshift, steering wheel, doors dash etc, also NOT covered in leather?

If so, how do they feel in comparision to to the leather version?
Like the bmw across the top in the front looks like its covered in leather....how does it feel in leatherette etc...

Thanks!

#3 ·
saury316 said:
Hey guys...yah I know this has already been discussed a lot....but my question is not the feel of the material on the seats.

My question is that if i do NOT take the leather option, is the gearshift, steering wheel, doors dash etc, also NOT covered in leather?

If so, how do they feel in comparision to to the leather version?
Like the bmw across the top in the front looks like its covered in leather....how does it feel in leatherette etc...

Thanks!
The steering wheel is leather if you get the sports package, even if you have leatherette on the seats.

#6 ·
quackman said:
Hmm the shifter is real metal?
It looks like plastic in the pictures compared to the rest of the aluminum trim in the interior. Can you confirm that the shiftknob is leather/real metal?
It´s galvanized plastic. Sort of real and then again not. It´s the same mateerial as the (inner) door handles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.