Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 06-26-2005, 07:27 AM

Mein Auto: X3
Lowes Parking Lot Fiasco

anyone ever walked out of a store only to witness two shopping carts slammed right up against your wifes new x3? took 20 minutes of loitering inside lowes to get a manager to document the problem. finally came out and said they really need to get the carts out of the parking lot more often, especially on windy days!

nice dent, as the handles of the cart hit!! no broken paint (german quality).

supposedly corp. lowes will contact me and probably have me get an estimate? anyone familiar with the inner-workings of this sloppy chain? can not imagine having to get the door painted on a 5-month-old car.
Ads by Google
Old 06-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
Sorry to hear that! If there isn't broken paint, maybe you can get away with one of those paintless dent repair jobs. I had them take some door dings out of my doors and fenders, and they are invisible now. Not expensive either.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d ZMP
Paintless dent removal it works great...I paid $50 for a dent from somebody punching my door, took maybe 20 minutes
Old 06-26-2005, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
I am surprised that Lowes is even considering your claim. Most places have a disclaimer denying any responsibility to anything that may happen to your car while on their premises.

My car got dented the same way 1 month after redelivery except that I did not notice until the weekend when I was washing the car. The paint was not broken and the paintless dent remover charged me 80 dollars (the only one in town). 99% of the dent was removed and only because I am anal about it. Most normal people would not even notice anything. The dent needs to be away from any body crease for it be doable via the paintless method. My dent was on the passenger side rear quarter panel between the wheelwell and the rear of the car.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:41 PM

Mein Auto: 325xiT
Sorry to hear about your new dents.
What a bummber about your new bimmer!
The first dents are always the toughest to take on a new car.
Hope the store comes thru for you.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:04 AM
MoJoJoJo

Mein Auto: 2004 2.5i X3
I know your pain. I had something like that happen to my X3 no more then a month after I got mine. I was at a WalMart when I saw a KID through a shopping cart up against the side of my X3. I went berserk and when the kid saw me running towards my X3 the kid began to run away. Good thing Im into running a lot because the kid gave up after a minute of hard running. When I finally caught up to him he kept yelling that he was sorry but not after I PUMBLED him to the ground. The kid left 2 LLLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG scratches on my driver side door. The manager of the WalMart and the cops were all outside to write up the report and for me to report the claim. The kid was charged with a misdemeanor and his parents ended up paying for the damages (he was 2 months from being 18). Parents got upset over the fact that I made their kid eat pavment but that just goes to show you

Dont mess with a BMW owner and his baby!

Old 06-27-2005, 11:07 AM

playing phone tag with lowes. at least they have called, i guess. i'lll keep you all informed.
it's probably a good thing i didn't see who did it otherwise i am quite sure i would have at least said somethings i regret!!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:55 AM

according to lowes lady, simply fax over an estimate for repairs and that is all!!! i will believe it when i see the money in the mailbox!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:17 PM

Mein Auto: X3, 3.0 - Silver
lowe's probably has cameras in their parking lot - so I bet they could find out who did it! But I bet they wouldn't release anything to you without a warrant.
Let us know if you get the check..