Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
328i xdrive oem rubber mats or liner.

Anyone have pics of what they use in their car? I have a 2011 328i xdrive. I cant decide between these



or weathertech liners. Not really feeling the look of the liners, doesnt seem to go well with bmws. I picture them on trucks. They do look like they protect alot better though. Def need something better than the flimsy carpets the car came with. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 09-01-2016, 08:19 PM
rtn1911 rtn1911 is offline
Registered User
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
I have Weathertech liners in two BMWs and have had them in other vehicles. I wouldn't use anything else currently on the market.
__________________
2013 328i XDrive E92 / Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Dakota
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtn1911 View Post
I have Weathertech liners in two BMWs and have had them in other vehicles. I wouldn't use anything else currently on the market.
Do they look out of place? From the pics they look so much like plastic it didn't seem like it fits with the interior.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2016, 06:34 AM
rtn1911 rtn1911 is offline
Registered User
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogetsit18 View Post
Do they look out of place? From the pics they look so much like plastic it didn't seem like it fits with the interior.
Not at all. The fit is perfect, they don't slide, debris is easy to clean up, and they're super easy to clean up with a brush and a little dish soap.
__________________
2013 328i XDrive E92 / Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Dakota
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Group27's Avatar
Group27 Group27 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LI, New York
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 205
Mein Auto: BMW 335i
I don't think the OP is talking about physical fit. I think he is talking about cosmetic fit. In that respect, he's right. Rubber mats never look good, lol. But, to protect the carpet they are very good. Personally I use carpet mats as I have beige carpet and black rubber mats look awful, in my opinion (with beige carpet).
__________________
2008 335i M/T E93
2005 330Ci M/T E46
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Exactly. The weathertech cover everything perfect but they just don't look right in a luxury car imo. The oem rubber I posted doesnt look so bad though. Was hoping someone had them with pics though so I could see. I have black interior so it'll hide better.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2016, 02:08 PM
rtn1911 rtn1911 is offline
Registered User
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
New fabric mats look the best in any car, no doubt. In my case, my priorities are 1) keeping water and dirt off the carpet, 2) the ability to clean the mats easily, and 3) appearance. As far as appearance goes, I think they look good. Made to fit, and they blend in with the carpet.
__________________
2013 328i XDrive E92 / Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Dakota
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2016, 02:17 PM
J. Koopman's Avatar
J. Koopman J. Koopman is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Idaho
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 333
Mein Auto: 2008 335xi
Mine came with BMW accessory rubber mats. They look fine and fit superbly. For aftermarket, Weathertech is the top.
__________________
“In the olden days I always got the impression that TVR built a car, put it on sale, and then found out how it handled – usually when one of their customers wrote to the factory complaining about how dead he was.” -Jeremy Clarkson
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Like the ones pictured? I'm ok with it not being fully protected like weathertech if the look fits more. It'll just mean being more careful when getting in out in bad weather.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-02-2016, 05:40 PM
thebuzz thebuzz is offline
Registered User
Location: Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 49
Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 323I
I got the BMW accessory ones similar to the weather tech ones in my car and they fit great. I wouldn't go back to anything else. Be prepared to pay a lot as they are from the dealer. It's one investment I am happy with and they saved my car from a few coffee spills already and I am thankful for that!
__________________
2009 323I (E90) - Alpine White with Premium Package and Angel Eyes
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuzz View Post
I got the BMW accessory ones similar to the weather tech ones in my car and they fit great. I wouldn't go back to anything else. Be prepared to pay a lot as they are from the dealer. It's one investment I am happy with and they saved my car from a few coffee spills already and I am thankful for that!
Do they look out of place? Spending the money isn't the problem as long as they look good. Like I've said, the liners look more like something you'd put in a pick up truck as opposed to a BMW.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-02-2016, 07:00 PM
thebuzz thebuzz is offline
Registered User
Location: Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 49
Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogetsit18 View Post
Do they look out of place? Spending the money isn't the problem as long as they look good. Like I've said, the liners look more like something you'd put in a pick up truck as opposed to a BMW.

To me, they do not look out place and they look good. I got nothing but compliments as its not a common feature in most cars. I don't know many people who have them as its out of most people's price range. For the price, it's worth it. They are fitted mats and they do not move around one bit when driving. As for cleaning them, all you need is a brush, soap and warm water nothing fancy really. I originally had the carpet mats and I found it a pain cleaning the salt out of them.

Let me know if you need any more insight.
__________________
2009 323I (E90) - Alpine White with Premium Package and Angel Eyes
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuzz View Post
To me, they do not look out place and they look good. I got nothing but compliments as its not a common feature in most cars. I don't know many people who have them as its out of most people's price range. For the price, it's worth it. They are fitted mats and they do not move around one bit when driving. As for cleaning them, all you need is a brush, soap and warm water nothing fancy really. I originally had the carpet mats and I found it a pain cleaning the salt out of them.

Let me know if you need any more insight.
Thanks. I was already leaning towards weathertech from the get but started looking at the ones I posted. I need to find a store that has them so I can see them in person. What did you pay? The weather tech set is around 190 BMW set is I think 210.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-02-2016, 07:12 PM
thebuzz thebuzz is offline
Registered User
Location: Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 49
Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogetsit18 View Post
Thanks. I was already leaning towards weathertech from the get but started looking at the ones I posted. I need to find a store that has them so I can see them in person. What did you pay? The weather tech set is around 190 BMW set is I think 210.

The BMW accessory ones costed me $165 for the front and $110 for the rear.
__________________
2009 323I (E90) - Alpine White with Premium Package and Angel Eyes
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-02-2016, 08:59 PM
pomerlo pomerlo is offline
Registered User
Location: Quebec, Canada
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 2011 328xi sedan
I got these from bavarian auto sport http://www.bavauto.com/
64.95 thick enought, doesnt move .....love them !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16510.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	574986  
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomerlo View Post
I got these from bavarian auto sport http://www.bavauto.com/
64.95 thick enought, doesnt move .....love them !
I seen those but couldn't find any reviews? How's the coverage?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:08 PM
pomerlo pomerlo is offline
Registered User
Location: Quebec, Canada
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 2011 328xi sedan
Coverage is pretty good. They are tailored to fit the exact horizontal floor of my 2011 328xi.

The surface is deep enought to hold a good amount of water if snow accumulate over time... but for sure it has its limits.... so you will have to empty them once in a while. No big deal.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomerlo View Post
Coverage is pretty good. They are tailored to fit the exact horizontal floor of my 2011 328xi.

The surface is deep enought to hold a good amount of water if snow accumulate over time... but for sure it has its limits.... so you will have to empty them once in a while. No big deal.
They look good too?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:24 PM
pomerlo pomerlo is offline
Registered User
Location: Quebec, Canada
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 2011 328xi sedan
They probably dont look better than those from ECS because of the square pattern ... but they would certainly hold more water and will probably be more protective of shoes and pants.

Next time you get in your car, take note of how there is quite a steep slope from the front of the seat to the pedals when you carefully look at the floor. You'll understand that water quickly accumulate in the bottom where your feet rest.

I spend the entire last winter with them and no complaints.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomerlo View Post
They probably dont look better than those from ECS because of the square pattern ... but they would certainly hold more water and will probably be more protective of shoes and pants.

Next time you get in your car, take note of how there is quite a steep slope from the front of the seat to the pedals when you carefully look at the floor. You'll understand that water quickly accumulate in the bottom where your feet rest.

I spend the entire last winter with them and no complaints.
Squares wouldn't bother me. They look good in comparison to the luxury look of the car?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:37 PM
pomerlo pomerlo is offline
Registered User
Location: Quebec, Canada
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 2011 328xi sedan
Well if you after styling here then I'll say get the other one.... because no.. they dont enhance the interior look .....Pratical side is more important for me than the look because anyway after a few weeks in heavy snow... they will be covered with muds and slush to the point you wont see them anymore. In summer, I remove them and put the stock carpet.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Gogetsit18 Gogetsit18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomerlo View Post
Well if you after styling here then I'll say get the other one.... because no.. they dont enhance the interior look .....Pratical side is more important for me than the look because anyway after a few weeks in heavy snow... they will be covered with muds and slush to the point you wont see them anymore. In summer, I remove them and put the stock carpet.
Yea I guess I'm trying to find a middle ground. Appreciate all the info.
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms